UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been offered this 5 year paint protection and have they taken up the offer?
Was undecided whilst in the showroom, however, you can leave the final decision until the car arrives in the UK. Am now coming round to thinking it may well be £299 well spent.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I haven't been offered it. I planned to give the car a good coat of polish when it arrives. If be more interested in an interior stain guard tbh. If scotch guard didn't wiff so much I'd attack the seats with a can myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The treatment does include the interior as well, i.e. seat and carpets. It is guaranteed for five years and apparently does away with the need to wax and polish the exterior and apparently makes the removal of stubborn stains easier to get rid of. The cost of this is £299.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So are we saying its definitely worth having this wax protection as I don't know weather to have it or not

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not really looked any further into this since posting originally. If you search for this on google there are numerous articles and even some you tube footage, however, I cannot view these at work and never get round to looking at them when I get home. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ixtar G-3 is in my opinion the best protection you can buy for your Dacia. It comes with a 5 year warranty, and is applied not only to the paintwork but also all the black plastic trim parts and bumpers (no they won't go white like when you get polish on them by mistake) and also make sure that the dealer applies it to all the exterior glass (Excluding the front windscreen). Once your car is treated water seems to be repelled from the bodywork and glass. I have tried Supagard and Diamondbrite in the past but Ixtar G-3 is the latest generation paint protection technology hence the reference to Liquid Glass. My wife's Twingo was treated with Ixtar-G3 over 2 years ago and after 12000 miles and very little washing the car still cleans up a treat (it's white by the way). The fabric protection is also better then aerosol treatments because it is applied to the seats, carpets, boot mat etc and rubbed in by gloved-hand to ensure complete fibre coverage. The odour from the treatment is minimal and by no means unpleasant unless you have a sensitive nose. The seats in My wife's Twingo still look like new after 2 years and any marks can be easily removed with a damp microfibre cloth. The Ixtar-G3 treatment also comes with an aftercare kit which includes wheel brush sponge, micro fibre cloth, and 5 or 6 bottles of cleaning agents including glass cleaner, bird dropping remover, dryclean, interior cleaner etc all in a RenaultSport branded carrycase to keep your Duster looking fresh!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't recommend this kind of wonder product. I have done plenty of reading up on these kinds of products (with the help of DetailingWorld) and for the £300 they cost, they offer you nothing better than £50 worth of decent detailing products.

When me and my girlfriend went to order our Twingos, to sweeten the deal the salesman offered us the G-3 protection for free on both cars. Now I politely declined but they applied it to her car anyway. So when we picked it up it looked nice and shiny, it was obvious a sealant had been applied as the paintwork would bead water like mad.

Now the rule of thumb with waxes/sealants is that you can tell how well the protection is lasting by how well it beads water. Over time a layer of protection will lessen, meaning water will sit in flatter beads until it does not bead at all. So after 3 months of washing the car with only PH neutral shampoo it was clear that no beading was occurring, nor could you feel that glossiness either.

So, when I picked my Twingo up a month after hers, I was given the products to apply myself and had a read of the instructions. They were extremely specific, the car had to be washed and dried. The paintwork had to be defect and contaminant free which would involve claying and polishing the paint and once applied left for a set amount of time to cure. Having seen the way cars are valeted in dealerships I very much doubt they adhere to these really specific instructions or have time needed to to either.

Also you have to consider that once applied, if you want this products to last it's claimed life span you can't take it to a car wash because they use strong detergents and traffic film removers. Also you cannot clay or polish the car because again it will remove the product.

Personally I would advise getting some Autoglym Super Resin Polish for £10 and a pot of Collinite 476 wax for £25. The wax will last 6 months per coat and the tin will last 5 years+ for a hell of a lot less money.

·
Registered
228 Posts
When I bought my BMW Z4 four years ago ( 2nd hand) the dealer tried to sell me their BMW special guaranteed hard nanotec wax protection for £300.

I declined, but then gave them stick about the valeting and some scuffs andlight scratches that they hadn't dealt with ( it was less than 2 years old so I was paying a good price from a main dealer)

Eventually after they had put it back in the body shop and I sat around reading brochures and drinking cassette coffe for almost 2 hourd it came back out ( I was driving 200 liles home with it so I might have walked on the deal) As a sweetener they gave me a complimentary bottle of the product they apply for this wonder treatment. It is made by BMW and costs £36.00, so I would have been paying £264 for the guy to apply it.

When I got home a gave it a really good wash and rub off dried it with a shammy and left it in my sun warmed garage overnight before applying the product. I followed the instructions and left the product on for 12 hours before "polishing " it off. It was hard work as the stuff bakes on quite hard but that is the point.

It came up lovely.

However it lasted only about 10 months before you were not sure if it was still working at all.

I have applied it three more times since then, but never quite as thoroughly as the first time.

It is worth the effort, but remember, I have had four treatments out of the one £36 bottle, and I hope have enough for one more this spring ( whenever that comes!!)

If I had had the dealer do it four times it would have cost me £1200 , because of course..it doesn't last three years.

So basically , if you find out what product they would use themselves from a bribe-able Dacia Valet ( they must be vulnerable!!) and buy that product and do it yourself...you will feel you have the best deal!

I am planning to spray the underside and inside the wheel arches with a thick layer of something like waxoil when mine finally arrives because I don't trust a non galvanised body to stand up to the kind of shotblasting effect off roading will treat it too. ( hope that wont affect the paint warranty...I think it only applies to the outside surfaces of the body panels!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts