UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

To cut down on delivery time we ordered our Stepway without a spare.

I have now bought a spare wheel, jack and some kind of threaded thingy which I assume is the jack retainer, however I cant fathom out how it is supposed to fit into the nearside cubby.

Im sure it goes through a hole in the body work but Im not 100% sure

If some kind person has a few spare minutes to take a picture of this area it would be most helpful and save me a drive to the dealers.

Many thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hello all.

To cut down on delivery time we ordered our Stepway without a spare.

I have now bought a spare wheel, jack and some kind of threaded thingy which I assume is the jack retainer, however I cant fathom out how it is supposed to fit into the nearside cubby.

Im sure it goes through a hole in the body work but Im not 100% sure

If some kind person has a few spare minutes to take a picture of this area it would be most helpful and save me a drive to the dealers.

Many thanks in advance
I ordered my spare wheel kit with the car. I haven't fathomed out how to remove the jack from it's cubby !! Frightened to take it out unnecessarily in case I can't get it back in !! :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
The jack is held in place by a long threaded bar with a small T shape at the end, the T shape goes into a hole in the body, the threaded bit sits in the winder of the jack and it is all held in place by a black plastic 'nut'

I will upload a quick pic in the morning.

ps It's bloody fiddly!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the info - that is as I suspected.

To locate the threaded thingy the interior trim that the parcel shelf has to come out as Ive already checked behind the light cluster.

Id rather not start removing the trim so Ill have to think of another way.

Edit added.........

Is your threaded thingy removable or is it retained in the bodywork after the jack is removed?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You sir are a true gent.

The video is perfect and will allow me to fit the jack correctly.

Many thanks indeed

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Where to go on a wet bank holiday Monday....Renault showroom of course where I saw a blue stepway. Not actually seen one before looks brill can't wait for mine now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, I posted a "How To" on fitting rear parking sensors without removing the bumper a while back and if you look at the pictures the T holding bolt for the jack is located in a plastic retainer which is fixed in a slot in the bodywork unlike in the video and also the jack base is positioned the other way round as arrived from the factory. It seems strange as my daughter has just purchased a new Sandero without spare wheel and kit and hers has a foam strip located over the T Bar slot like the video. Possibly Dacia have changed the type of fixing?. My Stepway was Oct last year. Possibly another cost saving. It would be interesting to know how others are located. I have ordered a Jack holding Assembly and a wheel Holding Nut which has a long shaft so that the wheel rim is up. The hodling nut that comes with the inflation kit and polystyrene is shorter and will fix and hold the wheel with the rim at the bottom only therefore not much support beneath the carpet. Once I receive the parts I will update the info.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I turned my supplied spare wheel to rim at the bottom made a ply board insert to support the boot carpet and hey presto extra storage space. :-D:):)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I turned my supplied spare wheel to rim at the bottom made a ply board insert to support the boot carpet and hey presto extra storage space. :-D:):)
Turned my rim too, got a retainer off of a clio and cut it so winds right down, now have bulb kits, basic tool kit and hi-viz inside the spare wheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Just wondering has anyone the Renault parts code for the T bar c/w the plastic nut used to hold the jack in place as I have lost mine or where I can buy it on line ?

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, Check with Renault Dealer to confirm the correct part to retain Jack.

Should be " Captive Screw Assy 77 05 099 093 "

1 - 20 of 21 Posts