UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my wife is out somewhere in her new car, I thought I'd share some of our experiences with the last Stepway - and some comments on the new one that we picked up on Friday 3rd March, and some costings which may be useful

We had our first Ambiance Tce90 on a 4 year pcp - put down £1000 = paid 126 monthly - added service plan later after paying £140 for first service -

so for our four year plan the monthly breakdown was

1000 deposit - = around 20 per month, over four years

Year 1 monthly - 126 pcp + servicing 10 per month + deposit share 20 total = £156

Year 2 and 3 as year one plus road tax 10 per month = £166

year 4 as above plus RAC cover at £8 per month £ 174

we did not extend warranty - which would have adeed an extra £10 or so per month in year four.

So why did we change?

Main reason was that car was out of warranty and I did not want any nasty bills on the horizon. The car had covered 23k miles - the only costs we had on top of the above were front tyres at 15k miles and pads and discs for MOT at 21k miles. The garage wanted to change them the previous year at 14k - but having had some years working in a main dealer I politely declined their 'recommendation'. the car has been faultless and my wife has been very happy - but mothly costs had crept up so after the MOT I checked out cost to change.

The main attraction of the new Stepway was the increase in warranty from 3 to 5 years - and RAC cover for this time as well - added to this a reduction in road tax to £20 pa it adds up to deal where the monthly cost remains fairly constant over the terms of the PCP.

The new deal - white Ambiance TCE90 2017 model - no deposit - trade ours in (outstanding finance of £4,5k) - monthly price including 3 year service plan £156. Thank you - where do we sign!

The New Stepway.

We knew that the new model had cosmetic changes - but are really pleased with other upgrades

The one needed most on the Ambiance was height adjust on the driver's seat - wife is 5' 4 and I'm 6 1 - so having this is great - air con is also standard, with DAB radio - but no CD player, Trim is different - with restyled centre console. So is it worth paying for Laureate now?

So to sum up - loved the old Stepway - never regretted the financial commitment, had 3 and half years' trouble free motoring - new Stepway looks great has some welcome new features and was cost effective to change to.

My advice (for what it's worth) is don't wait til end of PCP - but see what deals are on and take advantage of Dacia deposit contributions (check other promotions like on 63 plate part exchanges - we had extra £500 toward deposit)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should also add that the new car has start - stop technology

was surprised at this - apparantly it reduces emissions which is why its only £20 pa tax

takes a bit of getting used to - touch the clutch to restart - and can be switched off

·
Registered
841 Posts
Stop/Start is both useful and annoying in equal measure. Some of the London boroughs are now saying they'll fine drivers who are stationary with their engines running, not good news in the British winter.

Interesting points on the PCP upgrade, I'm planning ahead on my 2019 upgrade, but like the 2016 Logan sufficiently enough to keep it. A £7K bank loan over three years is £200 a month at 3% so the PCP deal looks good. Is the annual mileage capped?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi repso - we took out 6k mileage plan - but exceeded that by 1k a year - didn't effect our ability to change

I think we''l keep this one longer due to better warranty period

·
Premium Member
4,035 Posts
As my wife is out somewhere in her new car, I thought I'd share some of our experiences with the last Stepway - and some comments on the new one that we picked up on Friday 3rd March, and some costings which may be useful

We had our first Ambiance Tce90 on a 4 year pcp - put down £1000 = paid 126 monthly - added service plan later after paying £140 for first service -

so for our four year plan the monthly breakdown was

1000 deposit - = around 20 per month, over four years

Year 1 monthly - 126 pcp + servicing 10 per month + deposit share 20 total = £156

Year 2 and 3 as year one plus road tax 10 per month = £166

year 4 as above plus RAC cover at £8 per month £ 174

we did not extend warranty - which would have adeed an extra £10 or so per month in year four.

So why did we change?

Main reason was that car was out of warranty and I did not want any nasty bills on the horizon. The car had covered 23k miles - the only costs we had on top of the above were front tyres at 15k miles and pads and discs for MOT at 21k miles. The garage wanted to change them the previous year at 14k - but having had some years working in a main dealer I politely declined their 'recommendation'. the car has been faultless and my wife has been very happy - but mothly costs had crept up so after the MOT I checked out cost to change.

The main attraction of the new Stepway was the increase in warranty from 3 to 5 years - and RAC cover for this time as well - added to this a reduction in road tax to £20 pa it adds up to deal where the monthly cost remains fairly constant over the terms of the PCP.

The new deal - white Ambiance TCE90 2017 model - no deposit - trade ours in (outstanding finance of £4,5k) - monthly price including 3 year service plan £156. Thank you - where do we sign!

The New Stepway.

We knew that the new model had cosmetic changes - but are really pleased with other upgrades

The one needed most on the Ambiance was height adjust on the driver's seat - wife is 5' 4 and I'm 6 1 - so having this is great - air con is also standard, with DAB radio - but no CD player, Trim is different - with restyled centre console. So is it worth paying for Laureate now?

So to sum up - loved the old Stepway - never regretted the financial commitment, had 3 and half years' trouble free motoring - new Stepway looks great has some welcome new features and was cost effective to change to.

My advice (for what it's worth) is don't wait til end of PCP - but see what deals are on and take advantage of Dacia deposit contributions (check other promotions like on 63 plate part exchanges - we had extra £500 toward deposit)
I'm puzzled at the replacement 'parts' at such low mileages. My Stepway has just had its 3rd service plus MOT @ 19,000 miles. The service report says:- front pads 30% worn (about right in my thinking, pads should last 36,000 miles and discs 48,000 miles, as in other cars I've owned.) All tyres have greater than 4 mm left (I did swap back to front tyres a 10.000 miles though) I would expect at least 28,000 miles out of a set of premium tyres (Goodyears fitted from the factory).!! ;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm puzzled at the replacement 'parts' at such low mileages. My Stepway has just had its 3rd service plus MOT @ 19,000 miles. The service report says:- front pads 30% worn (about right in my thinking, pads should last 36,000 miles and discs 48,000 miles, as in other cars I've owned.) All tyres have greater than 4 mm left (I did swap back to front tyres a 10.000 miles though) I would expect at least 28,000 miles out of a set of premium tyres (Goodyears fitted from the factory).!! ;)
I think city cars tend to use more brakes pads, disks and tyres than we country bumpkins use on the motorways. But some service agents seem to recommend changing pads and disks to generate revenue.

Disks corrode more in wet weather, then the corrosion gets skimmed off by the pads. One of the great benefits of the drum brakes on the rear is that they seem unaffected by rain. :)

My biggest consumable is tyres, murdered by the local population of builders who scatter roof nails around every time they open their van doors. I average a nail puncture a year.

·
Premium Member
4,035 Posts
I think city cars tend to use more brakes pads, disks and tyres than we country bumpkins use on the motorways. But some service agents seem to recommend changing pads and disks to generate revenue.

Disks corrode more in wet weather, then the corrosion gets skimmed off by the pads. One of the great benefits of the drum brakes on the rear is that they seem unaffected by rain. :)

My biggest consumable is tyres, murdered by the local population of builders who scatter roof nails around every time they open their van doors. I average a nail puncture a year.
EDIT !

No text for some reason ! :eek:

See post below !

·
Premium Member
4,035 Posts

:eek: I have always lived in an urban/city area, but do a lot of mixed driving !! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts