UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camerons vw in perth, they had to spray wee areas on back of wings, under seals along roof line, and behind boot lid.
The job was appauling!!!!!! I could have done a better job with rattle cans in the wind. They have also chipped and scratched my car in multiple places and are denying it was them, even a big chip on work they habe just done.

Car is in worse condition than when they took it in. Hinges and nuts holding doors on are mjssing loads of paint, and behind boot going up to roof line they used wonky masking tape and no laquer, it looks hideous!!!!!

Seriously gutted as my paintwork was pristine and now has sanding marks and damage. Awaiti g a call from dacia as i nearly attacked the spray guy and manager yesterday - i best not go back there

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Camerons vw in perth, they had to spray wee areas on back of wings, under seals along roof line, and behind boot lid.
The job was appauling!!!!!! I could have done a better job with rattle cans in the wind. They have also chipped and scratched my car in multiple places and are denying it was them, even a big chip on work they habe just done.

Car is in worse condition than when they took it in. Hinges and nuts holding doors on are mjssing loads of paint, and behind boot going up to roof line they used wonky masking tape and no laquer, it looks hideous!!!!!

Seriously gutted as my paintwork was pristine and now has sanding marks and damage. Awaiti g a call from dacia as i nearly attacked the spray guy and manager yesterday - i best not go back there
terrible news, how can they deny they did it if its in new paint? Maybe I should just do mine myself if this is dacias approved method.
Hope you get this sorted quickly, did they forget to block the gap between the tailgate and the roof? Well done for not losing it,
You did better then I would have, especially if they'd lied to me about the chips, I blame my Scottish grandad for my fire.... he always had his ways of dealing with things I imagine in traditional fashion.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dacia uk have been brilliant and are going to remedy it somehwere else. Its not dacias way it was vw taking shortcuts.
Pics and emails sent and vw wont get paid, they want to give me a like for like insured for my work and capable, the car is promised to come back perfect.
Awating confirmations. Was given a mobile number and direct email adress for my case handler. They phone on time and have been brilliant

Solely camerons vw fault.

Oh and i did lose it, and members of public gathered to watch......... i just didnt hit anyone

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Bet your glad you didn't after dacias response, how did they chip it? If its like the garage i had my fiesta repaired at, itll be the wooden yardbrush they whete using to wash the cars with, luckily i saw the two idiots playing with water outside before i handed the keys over and ordered they do not wash the car. Have they been driving it? Hopefully dacia will remove them from their authorised Repairers list now, wonder if they would treat a VW like that.
Glad its getting put right to how it should have been for you, they must have some brass neck to hand it back like that, although some people either wouldn't notice, or just wouldn't say anything which is probably what they hoped for.
But surely they should have sent photos to dacia following the repairs?
Glad dacia aren't paying them, sounds like they didn't spend much time or money on it in the end.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they levered the doors to lign them up and proper chipped and scratched the paint on the door and on the bit they had just painted.

I rarely nedd to hit anyone, ive been a power lifter for years, am 6'6 tall and 19 stone. Normally gets my opinions noticed lol

Hate to use that as im more intelligent than a thug. Its a last option................ but still an option

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
OMG lofty.....

what a day ! Angry with you and for you that you had to lose your rag....but ANY vw garage in the Perthshire vicinity will not be

recommended by myself for friends, collegues or family...! Its horrific what they did to your car....

Good on Dacia....refusing to pay.....quite right too.....!

AND i'm heartened to hear that they are going to "put it right" for you....good...

Best of luck with it

DM x

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers D+M

every now and then, when your used as a doormat so often, it can sometimes be the only option to lose ones rag (verbally only)

at one point i said 'thats not laquered' to which they said 'we used matt laquer!' WTF?!?!?!? matt laquer???????? c'mon, and why when there is clear laquer around it, stands out.

and alot of the marks claimed were there when car came in!!!!!!! even the ones that happened on the areas they had sprayed. So I went forward in time......scratched the car after it was sprayed and then went back in time? mmmmmm cant remember that.

so being accused of lying sent me rather wild

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
not surprised .... i would have got a tad angry too !

I'd go onto the VW golf forum.....or polo....whatever.......and name and shame the dealer....with photos...!

The VW people of Perthshire......well lets face it Scotland.....need to know that body shop is a shocker.....

One of my previous cars.....might have been the C4 (lots of people hit it in tescos carpark for some unknown reason).....was repaired and sorted

at the Renault / Dacia dealer in Bishopbriggs.... Glasgow...as the Edinburgh citroen one was getting refitted or something..

anyhoo.....they did a superb job.....its a bit further from you....so if Dacia CS recommend them....they seemed to do a good job on "previous George"

I'd have no probs saying they seemed good.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
DM

Can I ask why your cars are called George as opposed to the usual 'she'- Is it because he's reliable faithful and good looking - just like your average male. :)

or always let you down

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it goes forward, im needing them come in my courtesy car and take mine away.
I cant devote anymore time off work. After that, as long as it comes back perfect i dont care how

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
course NSS.....curiosity is a good thing..... :lol:

my first car was a classic mini cooper.....with the round headlights....that i restored and painted pillarbox red.....chrome trim

was lovely...

and just looked like a "George" :wub:

only cars deemed "worthy" of the accolade....are awarded George status :D :D :D

and as we all know...

there is nothing "usual" about George !!!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
How does someone care for Matt laquer? There's a black BMW round here and its filthy always wondered how you'd clean it,think the owner wonders the same. surely if it was hit with wax it would be like when you get it on plastic, it just looks like its in the stage after the paintwork has been wet sanded before the first laquer coat.
I used to frequent the gym myself and was 15 stone of pure muscle until I was 27.... then I met my wife and had kids moved to the middle of nowhere and 5 years later I'm now almost 17 stone of pure marshmallow at only5'8"! (Wonder if that effects MPG :D) although it's a mystery as I'm non stop at work and I don't think I eat that much, my wife says its the biscuits.
Glad its all getting put right, light at the end of your headache, bloody VW! I've never got the hype.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The mallowness is likely biscuits haha

but also, even having an active or strenuous job doesnt replicate the exertion from direct, straight, full force movements.

The body very quickly and efficiently learns to do the most with what it has, the on ly way to increase muscle is to constantly change the type of load but always at full force to fail.

Ill update the progress from dacia when it happens

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The mallowness is likely biscuits haha
but also, even having an active or strenuous job doesnt replicate the exertion from direct, straight, full force movements.
The body very quickly and efficiently learns to do the most with what it has, the on ly way to increase muscle is to constantly change the type of load but always at full force to fail.

Ill update the progress from dacia when it happens
my job is terrible, I can be hand unloading anything between 4-15 ton a day, which all has to be wheeled on in morning by rollcage or pallet by myself, every roll cage and pallet has to be returned to the branch upon my return so its basically empty it or pay for it sorta thing... there's pretty much not alot left in the tank after 10-15 hours of that, the extra weight makes tipping roll cages back over shop steps a breeze :D
Before I stopped I was on the Mike mentzer high intensity training schedule, it was working better than anything before, but the gaps between training where too long,I'd worked it up to 10 days, I don't think I was committed enough, the worst part was I'd just paid 320 pound for a full years membership, then never went back once, ouch :blink:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha aye lots like that at body academy.

your job seems rather intense indeed

looked at mike mentzer, but ended up doing the sheiko routine which really pushed my strength up. Tried to qualify for the scottish with a 295kg deadlift, however because of my body weight i was beaten by a little 60kg gent lifting 160kg. Power to weight is what talks in that game.

Trying to step it back now as i need time for other things and money for other things than food

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
haha aye lots like that at body academy.

your job seems rather intense indeed

looked at mike mentzer, but ended up doing the sheiko routine which really pushed my strength up. Tried to qualify for the scottish with a 295kg deadlift, however because of my body weight i was beaten by a little 60kg gent lifting 160kg. Power to weight is what talks in that game.

Trying to step it back now as i need time for other things and money for other things than food
I chose Mike mentzer as spending 7 days at the gym was no longer an option as I ended up working 3 x15 hour shifts on nights. There wasn't much time for anything on those days.
It did work suprisingly and trying to get the brain around rest periods for growth and strength took some time, just 15 mins a week, but if i ever felt like your going to collapse after a workout it would be after one of those. I had to tone down the leg workout as it made me physically sick in the changing room afterwards, although leg workouts often did, but never as bad as the Mike mentzer routine which was mad.
No wonder the poor guys heart gave out, and his brothers, a few more years of it and I'd be down the pan myself.
I did like the fact that he was a normal Guy,in his book in the chapter on loosing Mr universe to schwartznegger, blaming it on gorging himself with pastries!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So an update for you all.
Sent photos off to dacia UK and they were superb, they liased lwith VW and with ness motors (my dealer) and we had a meeting to all have a look at the car.
VW paint shop manager was still very defensive and full of excuses, however I have a friend on the inside who swore to it that this manager said he wasn't happy about the work.
So finally he caved, said he would book it back in. I said no as I had lost confidence and don't trust them.
Dacia understood and have arranged a well tried and tested spray shop to do work. And give me a vehicle I can actually use for work.

VW ?? Had to credit the full amount back to dacia. Yeasssss!
I await to see how good this other company is

1 - 19 of 19 Posts