UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to the forum.

I have just ordered my Stepway Ambience Tce90. I would of like a Laurette but due to the insurance running out on my current car running out very soon and the price to renew would of been ridiculous and didn't want to go down the route of paying for insurance then faffing round changing the vehicle with them. They could only get my an ambience by the 12th Feb and have offered me a courtesy car for the week of so after my car insurance runs out until my new car comes. Although I do have the used car section at my local Renault dealership trying to find me a pre reg Laurette at a reasonable price in the mean time.

I was wondering is it possible to get car mats that have the stepway logo on?

Thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi steve and welcome to the forum!

I've not seen any mats with Stepway embroidered on them however there are companies on eBay that offer this service with universal mats. I think dacia sell them with SANDERO on them but 100% not with STEPWAY
You are right, Geraint, no STEPWAY but I have SANDERO on mine, Some thing like £24.99 from an on-line Renault/Dacia dealer on Amazon ! Vospers of Plymouth ! ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

What cars do you guys have, and how are you finding them?

I am possibly considering buying a Sat Nav headway unit that I have seen other people mentioning on the forum but not sure who easy it would be to fit.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

What cars do you guys have, and how are you finding them?

I am possibly considering buying a Sat Nav headway unit that I have seen other people mentioning on the forum but not sure who easy it would be to fit.
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum !

I have got a Stepway 1.5dCi Laureate so I have a built in SatNav.

It is the only new car that I have owned that has not gone back to the dealers for warranty work. I have had new Skoda, Peugot, & SEAT all went back within the first month !! So I guess I am biased !! Great cars !! ;)

Roger

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear you are enjoying your new car Roger. This is my first new car but like you I have had many car brands the worst was my Chrysler.

I would of really liked the Laureate but it was going to take to long, my current car needs tax, mot and insurance all in February. There was a pre reg but they had sold it 2 days before I went to the dealership. They are trying to source me one from another branch hopefully I will be able to cancel my order and transfer my deposit over to the pre reg.

Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're welcome.

White Stepway lauréate 1.5dci

Amazing cars and starting to see loads on the road. Exclusivity has come and gone...... That shows exactly how good they are.

What colour have you gone for?
I have gone for white. I didn't have much choice as that was all they could get me delivered in the timescale I needed it. I think the white looks smart though, I also like the aztec blue, but that wasnt an option for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You won't be disappointed with the White, that's a cert. I've done quite a few alterations to mine, but they do look equally as fab standard
What have you done to your?

I have my eye one some chrome door sills, and I have also seen a boot protector to protect the paintwork around the boot.

I may get this sat nav http://www.iceboxauto.com/renault-dusterbut I am abit concerned how easy it would be to fit. I have read some threads on here with people saying it is really easy. I am just concerned I do something wrong and void my warranty.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Steve. The Stepway and the Tce 90 unit is a marriage made in Heaven, much more responsive, punchy and fun to drive than I ever thought it would be. After six months of great motoring the only fault I can find is that the passenger window is slightly looser than the drivers one. And Im in it for the longevity test, too. At 66 there are no more funds for another new car, so my beloved Stepway will be with me to the final km.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've done quite a bit.... Not as much as the stepway mod king @sidaorb though

Rear tints, wind deflectors, upgraded bulbs, black sill protectors, sprayed wheels satin black, fitted 25mm wheel spacers all round to improve handling and help wheels sit better in the arches........... Not forgetting the daciaforum window sticker

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422136079.709478.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422136122.244123.jpg
Where did you get the sill protectors and wind deflectors from?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Steve. The Stepway and the Tce 90 unit is a marriage made in Heaven, much more responsive, punchy and fun to drive than I ever thought it would be. After six months of great motoring the only fault I can find is that the passenger window is slightly looser than the drivers one. And Im in it for the longevity test, too. At 66 there are no more funds for another new car, so my beloved Stepway will be with me to the final km.
Hi

I have read various reviews and they all say the same that the Tce90 is the better engines of the lot. I am really looking forward to getting my new car now. I like the fact that you don't see that many on the road, although I am starting to notice slightly more now, not sure if that's because I am looking for them. Everyone has a corsa, fiat etc.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Many members swear by the diesel, so I am sure both engines are superb. Im afraid you will be seeing a lot more Stepways, though. The Romanian army is well and truly on the march.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sill protectors are from dacia dealer however they are only the 2 fronts. I think they were about £30 but I had them for free

The wind deflectors are made by heko and are on eBay. I got them for the front windows only but they do them for all 4 windows also. Here's a link.....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231274462675

If trawling EBAY make sure the items are for sandero or stepway mk2 2013+ as a lot of items are for the mk1 which was never on sale here in the UK

Thanks, I have put them on my watch list on Ebay so I can buy them when I get my car. Are they easy to fit?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sill protectors are from dacia dealer however they are only the 2 fronts. I think they were about £30 but I had them for free

The wind deflectors are made by heko and are on eBay. I got them for the front windows only but they do them for all 4 windows also. Here's a link.....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231274462675

If trawling EBAY make sure the items are for sandero or stepway mk2 2013+ as a lot of items are for the mk1 which was never on sale here in the UK
Thanks, I have put them on my watch list on Ebay so I can buy them when I get my car. Are they easy to fit?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really easy it fit. Put windows down, put them up into the window channel, then little clips get pushed up into the channel to hold in place. Literally 2mins per side maximum. When fitting you will need to flex them to fit in the channel so watch corners so they don't contact paintwork etc
Thanks for the advice. I will definately get some. They seem very practical but also add looks to the car.

I am hoping they phone me on Monday and say they have got me a pre reg Laureatte. I just hope its not to much trouble and they don't mind cancelling my new vehicle order if they do find a pre reg.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
You're welcome.

White Stepway lauréate 1.5dci

Amazing cars and starting to see loads on the road. Exclusivity has come and gone...... That shows exactly how good they are.

What colour have you gone for?
and come to think at the beginning of the forums existence nobody believe me when i said that are amazingly great cars B) B)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi

I am new to the forum.

I have just ordered my Stepway Ambience Tce90. I would of like a Laurette but due to the insurance running out on my current car running out very soon and the price to renew would of been ridiculous and didn't want to go down the route of paying for insurance then faffing round changing the vehicle with them. They could only get my an ambience by the 12th Feb and have offered me a courtesy car for the week of so after my car insurance runs out until my new car comes. Although I do have the used car section at my local Renault dealership trying to find me a pre reg Laurette at a reasonable price in the mean time.

Thanks
Steve
Hi

I am new to the forum.

Thanks
Steve
Hi

I am new to the forum.

Thanks
Steve
Hi
Car Mats
I just said give me some free with the new car or I won't buy it (I would have bought it anyway) Dci 90
but if you don't ask you dont get..!
they gave me them.. :) but no logo on them..

I just don't like petrol cars anymore..
had diesels for years, they just seem more relaxing to drive
and pull up the hills like there not there

I went from a Volvo S80 Exec to my Dci Stepway Laurette
And I don't miss the Volvo ,, apart from the heated seats

1 - 20 of 79 Posts