UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that my faulty keyfob is not covered by the warranty (even the original manufactures warranty).

I’ve replaced the battery and have also swapped the battery over from the one that does work and still no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem may be?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Regards

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't see why the key is not covered as it can fail just like any other electronic part.
I found these sample terms for the extended warranty - https://shop.dacia.co.uk/Resources/Terms/Warranty_Sample.pdf - and can't see anything that would exclude the key fob.
I can't see why the key is not covered as it can fail just like any other electronic part.
I found these sample terms for the extended warranty - https://shop.dacia.co.uk/Resources/Terms/Warranty_Sample.pdf - and can't see anything that would exclude the key fob.
Thanks. I’ll certainly look into this.
Regards
David

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does your key need syncing with the car. There have been posting on the Dacia forum on how to do this.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It appears that my faulty keyfob is not covered by the warranty (even the original manufactures warranty).

I’ve replaced the battery and have also swapped the battery over from the one that does work and still no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem may be?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Regards

David
I’ve just used this that I found in a previous post and I’m totally relei that the key fob now works. HURRAH

MARCH 2021 - DACIA DUSTER KEY FOB NOT WORKING

I have just had the issue of one of my keys not working on my 2017 Dacia Duster.

The key remote would not open or lock the car causing me to use my spare key.

I sent the key to an electronic key repair service who promptly returned it saying there was no fault - it just needed reprogramming.

I read an earlier thread with people having the same problem.

I did the procedure with a few small differences and MY KEY IS NOW FULLY FUNCTIONAL

All done in 30 seconds

I inserted the key into the ignition and turned ON the engine

I then turned OFF the engine leaving the faulty ignition key in place in the ignition

Then I pressed the central door locking button for just over 10 seconds and after the 10 seconds (keeping my finger on the central door lock button) I pressed the LOCKING button on the key (still in ignition) twice

This worked perfectly and my key is now programmed.

A nice result considering I thought I was going to have to pay a hefty bill for repair or reprogramming

I hope this helps others having a similar problem

·
Registered
231 Posts
My old Ibiza had instructions in the hand book on how to re sync the ignition key. It also told you how to reset the service reminder as well. Ah good old days lol.

I have a Sandero Access so don't have problems with remote locking or central locking. Always confuses the people at the garage as there are no buttons to press on the ignition key!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts