UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

asking for HELP, my partner has locked our keys in the boot of a Stepway 63 reg and we do not have a spare set of keys.

has anyone had any issues are knows of a way to get in, i have even spoken to the dealer who advsied to call a locksmith?

any help out there

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Giffer2,

i have RAC going out to the car just not sure if they will be able to get in and if not looking for a plan B other then smashing a window which at present is what i am left with

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The RAC have a nice little tool which should get you in without the need to smash a window, my father in-law recently had his keys and spare keys locked in his car and the RAC sorted it with no damage what so ever.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi All,

asking for HELP, my partner has locked our keys in the boot of a Stepway 63 reg and we do not have a spare set of keys.

has anyone had any issues are knows of a way to get in, i have even spoken to the dealer who advsied to call a locksmith?

any help out there
All Dacias come with 2 sets of keys, if you only had one, get onto the dealer to help you sort it out. Sorry that I cannot offer any other suggestions or more help than that has already been offered!! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Roger,

i will be doing this but on New years eve they cant offer me anything and the car is stuck in central London.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi Roger,

i will be doing this but on New years eve they cant offer me anything and the car is stuck in central London.
Oh dear ! Best of luck, hope that you can resolve it soon, without too much hastle !! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

thanks for all your help the RAC managed to get in to the car so happy days, there is a little damage on the inside of the drivers door but to be honest right no this is not a concern.

have a happy new year everyone

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi all,

thanks for all your help the RAC managed to get in to the car so happy days, there is a little damage on the inside of the drivers door but to be honest right no this is not a concern.

have a happy new year everyone
Glad that you've solved it. Happy New Year !! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Just out of interest to everyone, I never open the boot with the key, I always open the drivers door and 'pop' the boot. That way you cannot lock the keys in the boot. Well you can, but you can get them out again !! ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Still baffles me, this one. How come my Ambiance in Spain locks the tailgate with the central locking, but the UK ones have a mechanical lever?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
You also have a button on the boot lock jonners, unlike the UK model that can only be opened with the key or by the cabin switch. Worth mentioning the internal release to any breakdown men who attend similar, the wedge and airbag kit will open the top of the door enough the put a hook down onto the boot release.

·
Registered
348 Posts
To get around this problem myself, I absolutely ALWAYS make a point of putting my keys back in my pocket as soon as I have opened the tailgate. You only have to think about it a few times before it becomes an automatic action.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
To get around this problem myself, I absolutely ALWAYS make a point of putting my keys back in my pocket as soon as I have opened the tailgate. You only have to think about it a few times before it becomes an automatic action.
As I said, I open mine with the internal lever, after opening the doors with the 'zapper' remaining in my pocket. As you say, it becomes an automatic action after a while !! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I once locked my car keys in a Fiesta while at a friend's house. Their teenage daughter took a wire coat hanger and opened the door in 5 minutes. She pushed up the door locking button from below with it.

Another time I locked my keys in the boot of my MX5, called a locksmith, who took about 3 hours to drill out the boot lock. He thought he could just drill out the barrel but in the end he had to drill and then pick away almost the entire lock.

Dacia spare keys are about £110 from the dealer!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts