UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know where I can get a replacement LCD screen for my 2014 Sandero at a reasonable price? I've seen them on minitool but they're €76 plus postage, import tax and VAT from Italy and I don't fancy paying that much just so I can repair it when it might go again. I wouldn't mind doing it if it were a bit cheaper. Any ideas?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
I think you'll find it is not a standard size and not generally available.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
You will have to check it suits your unit but may be an option, I use aliexpress a lot, but tend to be a bit pragmatic with the sellers on the site, but there again no worse than Ebay and up to 50% cheaper for the same part as people order from aliexpress and put the part straight on Ebay. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33001157274.html

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
It's even costs more than you think if you look at minitools terms and conditions it is a minimum of Euro 155 + Vat & shipping for ordinary consumers due to Brexit.

P.S The op is asking about the standard radio.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
May still be worth looking on aliexpress if one know the part number, looking at our Stepaway which has a MediaNav. I do have a Daewoo radio sitting in the cupboard.

Model

AGC-0060RF-A

Part/Model

2811 55216R

Manufacturer

DAEWOO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That post from AliExpress got me thinking so I compared the screens across the Nissan, Dacia and Suzuki models and it is indeed the same screen. I've just ordered one and it came to £35.22 includig postage and tax.

I've owned a soldering iron since I was 7 so that's not a problem.

£24.68 | Car Radio CD Player LCD Screen Display Pixel Repair For Nissan Qashqai X-Trail Frontier Note Juke Dualis Navara Suzuki Equator
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq578af

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just got one question though. When I bought then the dealer managed to lose the original manual and service records. I'm still in dispute with them about this.

If i whip the radio out will I need a code when I put it back in?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Think you will find that like most screen it's couple or so plug in connectors with lift latches. No need for soldering iron.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Daedalus, great find, just shows how much info is around on this forum. I will add Vauxhall to the list as my MediaNav radio came from one of their vans.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just an update. I got a cheap screen from AliExpress and have just replaced the old one.

You need to desolder the LCD carrier from the PCB and after swapping the LCD you have to solder it back in. It's a fiddly job in all and you mustn't rush it otherwise you'll be buying a new radio.

Anyway, it works perfectly now. The new screen also comes with a matt polariser attached that looks nicer and crisper that the original.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts