UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Dacia give you a "leather" interior option for the Duster in the UK? In Colombia there is an R-tex upholstery option. It is very expensive, about $1000 US. Also it is not a factory option but one that is installed in about six days at the dealership. I am only remotely considering it because the cloth seats on my Nissan have holes after five years,

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cold on your Back in the winter if you are back pain sufferer
I don't notice my leather seats being particularly cold, to be honest, and it was one of my worries.

Sent from my HTC One S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cold on your Back in the winter if you are back pain sufferer
Although Columbia probably has the opposite temperature issue!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Think the texture and treatment of them now has improved, they tend to be perforated now and that helps the cold and sweating problems

·
Registered
199 Posts
There is a leather option on the Duster, it isn't a factory fit; the car is re trimmed either at the dealer or the import centre and it takes about a day, the cost is £995 for a carbon finish or £1195 for a carbon with colour inserts.

The company that does it is fully approved by Renault and Dacia and they do a great job with really good quality leather; none of this vinyl stuff!

I haven't had a Dacia done but I have had a few Renault's re-trimmed by the same company and I've been very pleased with the results infact I have recommended to the customer that they have the retro fit leather rather than the factory leather as it is of a better quality, it is cheaper and is all leather rather than a combination of leather and vinyl.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dealerships should already know; we do, I get enough e-mails from the leather company on a monthly basis keeping me up to date as to what they offer and what they are up to; currently they are working on retro fit leather for Captur.

Anyone who wants it done after they have taken delivery should contact their dealer to get fitment arranged; they will have to leave the car with the dealer for 2 days max.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I had them on My Rover Sterling and they were as cold as hell
Wearing some trousers would have helped that..........

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ahhh, so its a national retrimming business that is nothing to do with Dacia. I get it. So if they dismantle your car and damage it the problem is with them as opposed to Dacia. Are you positive it is real leather? Reason I ask is I'm sure tree huggers in the eu have put stop to that. Next time I'm in the dealership I'll ask if they have been on the same mailing list as you
Yes they are a national company however they are recommended and endorsed by Renault and Dacia, they do the majority of the re-trimming at the import centre and it is ordered through the main Renault/Dacia ordering system when a car is ordered from the dealership, it is just another code, as all accessories and options are or if a car is on site at a dealership you order directly with them. Their leather is listed as an option along with factory options, in the Renault brochure, they aren't yet in the Dacia brochures.

Yes it is 100% leather.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes they are a national company however they are recommended and endorsed by Renault and Dacia, they do the majority of the re-trimming at the import centre and it is ordered through the main Renault/Dacia ordering system when a car is ordered from the dealership, it is just another code, as all accessories and options are or if a car is on site at a dealership you order directly with them. Their leather is listed as an option along with factory options, in the Renault brochure, they aren't yet in the Dacia brochures.

Yes it is 100% leather.
I can't see an obvious difference in my leather seats as to what is leather and what isn't (as per the brochure) does that mean mine could be 100% leather? The sales guy seemed surprised when I mentioned the 'fake' leather, we both looked and couldn't tell... Or is it that good?!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No as Annie said cold is not an issue. It is 85 degrees F in Cali most of the time. What I'm worried about is those girls in miniskirts getting in the car after it's been parked in the hot sun. Real cow leather would be ideal but no one offers that here. Instead it will be Naugahide and being a tree hugger I'm concerned about how many Naugas wiil have to be sacrificed to cover my seats.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Someone has to ask ..... 'Whats a Naugas?'

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Some kind of llama ???

i thought they used cow-hide for cars and shoes and stuff....

Perhaps its a kind of cow :D

Silvery silver is the shiniest !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts