UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok just got my lights - will see how they go on the inside and out......I was wondering - is there a way to have the sidelights come on & off automatically with the ignition?? If so that could solve the problem of DLR's maybe with the brighter LED's............

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Sometimes you need them on if the ignition is off. When parked on a road where the speed limit is more than 30mph or more. (I doubt anyone still does this.)

Highway Code: 249

All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph (48 km/h).
Law RVLR reg 24

·
Registered
137 Posts
It still gets me how many new drivers still do not know how to operate Parking lights on their vehicles.

·
Registered
230 Posts
should be easy enough to have the side lights on, relay and ignition feed, fuse, job done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok - all lights are in - 8 in total all the same as bought by Troute (in fact thanks for the link Troute)

3 - went in the front center interior

1 - went in the glove box

1 - went in the boot

2 - went in the sidelights

and I have one spare

You CANNOT use these lights for the rear side interior lights as they are bullets - like these ones http://r.ebay.com/InsmLM

Troute - I noticed you have your sidelights on WITHOUT turning on your fog lights? I know you are laughing right now but how did you do it? I cannot figure out how to turn them on WITHOUT the Foglamps.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
My fog lights (the small round bottom ones on the front of the car) only come on when the headlights are on and I press the fog light button on the dash. I assume your button is not pressed is it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have a fog light button - my fog light control is integrated in the stalk for my main lights. Amazing the differences between our models even thought they are both right hand drive - or maybe because mine is 4 x 2?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops! sorry dc you're right I was thinking of the hazard button. My fogs are on the same stalk as the headlights, the fog switch has two positions and works separately from the headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought some of those small LED´s for the interior lamps - and the one in the rear is always on, but just a bit - it´s getting power even when the switch is off.

Also, I have had the vehicle for 2 months and have burned out 2 tail lamps already... The Media Nav cuts out now and then also,just micro second cut outs, both when the radio is on and the Bluetooth is connected.

I guess I have to take it in for a look over, obviously we can´t afford to replace a tail light bulb every month..

I´thinking maybe the voltage regulator could be off?

- I´d like to point the garage guys in the right direction, as here in Spain it helps to seem to know what is going on

ANyone have an idea ?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Certainly sounds like an electrical problem, best to get it checked soon. As you say there's no point constantly changing bulbs.

Point the sparky to the bulb that's working when it's not supposed to be, that's a good place for him to start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts