·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Flippin' heck!! :blink:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
14th April.

Unless someone can tell me how a novice can do this without screwing it up I don't think I'll be bothering! :unsure:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wow there are going to be some real crap looking motors around when these get bought, all the boys will be putting these on the front windscreens, lights, everything lol

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heheheh I reckon even if you get it right the film will not last in the sun, you'll see it peeling off and bubbling on all those Corsas :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't forget the regs concerning drivers visibility for front/rear windscreen and drivers/front pax glass. The boys in blue love this sort of stuff. Makes an easy collar !!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hiya, I do my own tints but it is a bit of a hobby. Um and no its not that simple to fit as you need to do a wet install on very very very clean and you will need a heat gun and the film itself, well you get what you pay for with tints oh and did I mention that it needs to be very very clean glass.

Heat Gun

Soft edge but firm vinyl squeegee

Felt card

and a decent craft knife

I have done a few now and it takes practise, especially with the heat gun. Even though I had done a few before I did Betties back windows I still mucked up the small rear windows.

Legality side, yep leave the front alone but the rear passenger windows and boot you can fill your boots. 70% of visible light must pass through the driver's side windows (75% through the windscreen) including any other substrate fitted to the glass. I use a 20% tint on the rear as that is plenty dark enough and keeps the rear of the car nice and cool for the kids.

If you go any darker than 20% you will risk complete lack of night time rear vision. The other thing to remember is that any film you fit can cause some minor distortion to vision.

That being said I love mine and Bettie looks fabulous, I think there is some pics on here somewhere of her wearing her tints. I said Tints haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts