UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I noticed passenger side headlight had gone so I decided to change both sides no issues cover off disconnect leads un clip retainer bulb out and new bulb in and re-clipped into place. That was until yesterday Friday when I noticed the odd angle of beam on the passenger side headlight was at. took cover off and the clip was loose so tried to re-clip when I realised that the piece that it clips onto had broken off. not happy I have had to use blue tac on the cover to keep it in place can't get it in the garage until Tuesday and I have been told that the clip is not replaceable so new unit may be needed hope warranty covers it not happy would expect better quality.

·
Registered
230 Posts
This happened to us on a Nissan micra 05 plate. We ended up buying a second hand headlight unit just for the clip! Cheaper than the price Nissan wanted for a new one. I would guess Stepway headlights second hand will be pretty rare as yet to pick up. I wonder if the clip is the same on other Renault models?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The sad fact that you un clipped it has invalidated the warranty,

they will almost certainly claim misuse and try to flog yo :(u a new headlamp.

How can I change a bulb without handling the clips I hear you say' well to a garage this is a diy that's gone wrong and they wont pay to fix your repair. Harsh I know but I guarantee that's what you'll hear at the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thank you giffer2 for your reply it is not this clip that has broken it is the hook that this clip attaches too it would appear to either have come away or snapped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
firstly thank you to gravells Of Narberth headlight unit needs to be replaced as the clip can not be replaced. And best of all it is covered on the Warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts