UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I bet that caught some of your curiosity ;)

Anyway this is actually a question about light bulbs ... :p

A couple actually .... in regards to both LEDs and Xenon.

Are LEDs any good as an option for dipped headlights and also fogs?

See plenty on sale on Ebay but wonder would they be powerful enough ... anyone have experience of these?

Next are these Xenon bulbs ... would I need to fit those resistors also or can I plug them straight in?

Is there a heat issue with the xenon bulbs as the Dusters lights housing is all plastic including the Glass.

I really have no clue as to what needs to be done in regards to the Duster ...

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I don't think you will need any resistors as the car doesn't operate a bulb failure warning system. I have run aftermarket xenon lights on my Audi (plastic lenses) but the are complex lens units (when you look in you can't see the bulb just a convex lens) I have no idea if that lens is glass or plastic. To be 100% legal for uk mots (i dont know what the irish test is like) you would have to have an automatic light levelling system fitted along with headlamp washer. But I haven't failed an mot with my Audi in 6 years and I left the xenons in. As for the led bulbs I intend to investigate them when our Stepway arrives for the DRLs and poss fog lights. If I find out before you ill let you know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts