UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the darker nights and mornings are coming I have actually been using my lights on the Sandero, Full beam is OK and lights the road adequately but the dipped beam is far to low set (I have adjusted the internal light leveler to max height) and does not project a beam very far at all, anyone else found this yet, i am 6ft tall and have the seat as low as can be but i get the impression that the back end is so high on the suspension it makes the beam dip down.

loathed to put deliberate weight in the back to raise the lights, has anyone tried adjusting the actual unit to change height yet?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Assuming your headlights are the same as mine and use H4 bulbs, if the main beam is correct there's nothing you can do about the dipped.

John

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I fear this John, the main is OK but could also do with going up a bit, if I can't change this then I'm afraid the car will go as I spend to much time in the car to have what I deem as inadequate lights as its dangerous on the country lanes I use

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree, the spread of the dipped headlight is much lower compared to other cars. Even using the headlight leveler doesn't make much difference. I haven't looked for them, but there must be screws behind the light unit which allows for the adjustment of this.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree, the spread of the dipped headlight is much lower compared to other cars. Even using the headlight leveler doesn't make much difference. I haven't looked for them, but there must be screws behind the light unit which allows for the adjustment of this.
Is this what high beam is for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i'm afraid I have to differ my dipped lights are fine as i'm always in street lit areas when using them and I also live in the country and feel that the dipped lights on most cars nowadays are to bright and blind on coming traffic maybe i'm just too old lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No guys it's not the brightness that's the issue it's the level at which they shine, because I'm fairly tall and sit high in the car the top of the horizontal spread is to low and does not go far enough in front of me to the extent that I have to slow down to ensure I can react to corners that are not easily seen, hope this makes sense

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly what I mean

·
Registered
178 Posts
The headlights on my Sandero are pretty crap with the beam reach as well. I have changed the bulbs to super white bulbs purchased from ebay.

These are brighter but have made no difference to the beam reach. The headlight adjuster does diddly squat as well.

I think the reach is actually dangerous, especially on a badly lit road.

Could this be a defect!

I have also changed the DRL bulbs as well. These are much brighter during the day but does anyone know why these bulbs dim when you actually turn the side lights on at dusk/night?

They are so dim (even the standard fit are the same) I have to use headlights anyway.

BTW dont try LED's for the DRL's because they won't work. They work ok during the day but turn on the sidelights and they go off. (tried 3 different LED bulbs so far)

or am I missing something?

I realise the fitted DRL's are dual filament bulbs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Reactions: Dusterdly & Muttley

·
Registered
268 Posts
These are brighter but have made no difference to the beam reach. The headlight adjuster does diddly squat as well.
Does the adjuster actually move the lights? I managed to knock the cable out of it's slot (easily done) when changing my headlight bulbs and had to reposition it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On mine it does work fine but does not make them go high enough but i can adjust it to show the road 6ft in front of me in glorious light lol

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
The headlights on my Sandero are pretty crap with the beam reach as well. I have changed the bulbs to super white bulbs purchased from ebay.

I think the reach is actually dangerous, especially on a badly lit road.

Could this be a defect!

I have also changed the DRL bulbs as well. These are much brighter during the day but does anyone know why these bulbs dim when you actually turn the side lights on at dusk/night?

They are so dim (even the standard fit are the same) I have to use headlights anyway.

BTW dont try LED's for the DRL's because they won't work. They work ok during the day but turn on the sidelights and they go off. (tried 3 different LED bulbs so far)

or am I missing something?

I realise the fitted DRL's are dual filament bulbs.
drls should go off altogether when night lights are turned on.:(

Granity Gray is brilliest ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does the adjuster actually move the lights? I managed to knock the cable out of it's slot (easily done) when changing my headlight bulbs and had to reposition it.
It does work but the difference is only a matter of a a couple of meters at most. Really not good enough to light the road ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
It does work but the difference is only a matter of a a couple of meters at most. Really not good enough to light the road ahead.
more would mean higher aswell and then u enter in the high beam area

also many dont know that the right and left headlights have different light dispersion patterns, in uk rhd the right always disperse lower than the left not to blind the oncoming traffic, the left a bit higher and to the side to see the edge of the road (this is for the main beam lights)

the high beam higher and more centered beam

in the LHD the other way around

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
antavi, I appreciate what you are saying but the level is to low at maximum adjustment by the internal know to be adequate, as you know I have had many, many cars in the last 24 years and this one has the lowest level i have ever seen by a long shot, when it goes in for a service i shall get them to check it against the light level machine as used in the MOT's and see what they can do otherwise the Sandero will be chopped in for something else which is a shame

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
antavi, I appreciate what you are saying but the level is to low at maximum adjustment by the internal know to be adequate, as you know I have had many, many cars in the last 24 years and this one has the lowest level i have ever seen by a long shot, when it goes in for a service i shall get them to check it against the light level machine as used in the MOT's and see what they can do otherwise the Sandero will be chopped in for something else which is a shame
agree completely

if u arent happy with that the only option is what u say on the garage on the light machine

the post wasnt for u especially was for general public

it has 1 or 2 screws for adjusting the headlight also

and u always can change the bulbs with ones more powerful or a HID system

btw u have a sandero , or a stepway???

the stepway been a bit higher in the rear might have the nose a bit lower

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As mentioned further up its not the strength that's the issue but the level at which the horizontal light stops projecting which is poor, the power is fairly good TBH and the main beam is great, interestingly the main beam has great distribution and spread!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts