UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new DCI 1.5 90 Stepway and wondered 2 things, can I get an English manual anywhere?

Can someone please tell me when I should be using ECO mode and why?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm not sure on the Eco mode, it appears to just restrict acceleration and throttle response but does little else to improve economy figures, I've stopped using it as I can get 60-65mpg easily with the normal mode and I'm happy with that whilst having quick acceleration

·
Registered
346 Posts
Would be nice to see you start a Fuel log on the site, when test driving the stepway the Eco button when used only seemed to affect revving the engine higher, presumably this alone would increase fuel consumption.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Assume ECO mode should not be used during running in period??

Fuel logs would be good idea - I am expecting my MPG to improve now it school holiday :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would have thought the Eco mode would help during running in period when you have to stay below certain rev range for up to 3000 miles

·
Registered
268 Posts
Whereabouts in Turkey are you?

I live in Hisaronu (Olu Deniz).

Can't help you on the ECO mode as I have a Duster, but there is a Sandero manual here http://www.renaultus...cia Sandero.pdf (not stepway, though there will be lots of similarities).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the help, running in period what's that :) no one here said anything about running in although I am doing it anyway. Also first service I was told they don't do one until 20,000 KM which is strange as normally you would have a 1,000 mile service?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not anymore Tom on diesels, they are bench ran in and good to go, also do not take it easy or it will not thank you in the future, drive it normally to get it loosened up and get the better economy, my engine after 5k miles is starting to improve on mpg and performance

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Thanks all for the help, running in period what's that :) no one here said anything about running in although I am doing it anyway. Also first service I was told they don't do one until 20,000 KM which is strange as normally you would have a 1,000 mile service?
Keep it under 2500 revs for the first 900 miles

And u can do 1stt service at 3500 km

And the 2nd at 20000km

Just to be sure

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did you get a Duster or Stepway? Bogratsteve. In the manufacturers handbook at the dealership the Stepway is supposed to be kept at a lower rev range for a period of miles.

I can't remember what exactly but someone who purchased one should be able to see in there own book.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I presume the stepway gearing is the same as the Sandero (although tyre size may alter ratio), if so @ 70mph they will be doing 2000 revs in fifth, the car is so easy to drive at low revs but remember to not change up to early from 4th to 5th or it will labour and put excessive strain on the crank and engine, got caught out to start with on that front, hard to learn to drive in 4th until 55mph after having a 6 speed box for so long.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Are you starting a fuel log to make us all jealous of all those extra mile you get over a Duster! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts