UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to place an order soon for the dci laurette, what is it like as a day to day car? It's primarily for my wife and our 2yr old son although, it will be our primary family car too. Is it worth paying the extra for the diesel engine and are there any thing i should look out for? I have already noted that the boot is slightly smaller than our 206 sw and the buggy does not fit without removing a wheel (hoping i wont need the buggy in a year so not a deal breaker).

Cheers

·
Registered
756 Posts
HI Hudson,

What mileage are thinking of doing per year? this will determine the need for the DCI or not.

As a car (i have the Sandero) it is a decent car to use, the door edges need to be watched out for, the boot is quite good for its class TBH, the controls are well aid out but the elec windows take a bot of getting used to.

Drive the car carefully and it rewards well in handling and economy.

Overall i have covered 13K in 3 months and have little complaint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm i live out in the countryside so although my wife only does around 20miles a day on her commute to work it's along quite fast county roads, as our main family car it will be used for regualr 100mile round trips to visit family. I anticipate 10-12k a year very little of which will be in 'urban' driving. Looking at it there is not much in it but i slightly prefere the way the diesel drives.

Whats the issue with the windows? Currently i have a 206 which has the controls in the centre and an Audi with them in the doors both of which are of the semi auto type (the number of times i reach the wrong way to operate the windows when i change cars is countless!)

Are the door edges pointy or is there another issue?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yeah the switches are in the center not the door arm but not an issue.

The door edges at the top are quite sharp and a few owners have hit them with the face, again just a getting used to.

By the sounds of it the Diesel may be a better option, the engine is a peach and pulls well and gives great economy figures, not driven the petrol versions TBH but can vouch for the Diesel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there is nothing i'm not used to with the windows, it's cheaper to install one set of switchs rahter than mutliples in doors so it makes sense on a low cost vehicle. I'll bear that in mind about the door but i guess it depends a) how tall you are and b) How you exit your vehicle. The step way is a bit higher and i'm not tall to i'm less lily to be bending down ans staign up into the edge of the door which is how these things normally happen.

The pertol is fine but i felt i had to rev it faily hard to get any get up and go, the lack of 'wieght' to the engine made it feel a little waspish but it was quiet and smooth which gave it a lovely feel when up and going. When moving in traffic the pertol had a very light clutch which made handling it a joy really so i can see the benifits for those who have to take on urban traffic.

Thanks for you advice, hopefully i'll get some inputs form other owners.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I test drove the 1.2 petrol and now have a 1.5 diesel. In terms of the difference in engine, the pull seemed similar, but the petrol may have been ever so slightly less responsive in terms of "oomph"

I went to Alton Towers recently and there are a lot of hills and steep sections of road and my Sandero navigated them like a dream. A couple of occasions I was ready to change down a gear and didn't even need to.

I would suspect the petrol might have needed to switch down.

If you can afford the slight change in cost, I'd go for diesel every time, bit more "oomph", better MPG and growls nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts