UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pick up my 64 plate Duster 1.5 Dci Laureate on Sunday / Monday next week, noticed on Duster rear quarter windows etching the word (India ) Thought someone on the forum said 64 plates are Romanian, is this correct or have I got a potential ruster ? :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
I suppose it depends if it was a hanging around in the showroom unregistered for a while I guess. As I understand, they weren't all bad anyway... Just give it a good inspection on pick up day, sure it's fine!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If it's a phase 2 Duster it's Romanian, it might still have Indian made parts like windows since they didn't change with the new model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose it depends if it was a hanging around in the showroom unregistered for a while I guess. As I understand, they weren't all bad anyway... Just give it a good inspection on pick up day, sure it's fine!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
thanks , quite impressed with the look and cabin area of dusters, looking forward to getting it even though im 67 . :D

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...hmmm, I read another thread on here that referred to the tailgate badge area i.e. chrome = Indian, while black = Romanian, although I'm not sure whether those coincide exactly with the straight -v- trapezoidal front grille designs?

...another consideration might be the body colour: maybe I'm imagining it, but I thought the white ones had (past tense) more paint/rust issues?

Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just looking at this thread

We have a white Duster (64 plate) with the black tailgate badge (silver writing saying Duster on it) but with the Phase 1 grille - glass is as Snosh says the glass is marked as India

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just looking at this thread

We have a white Duster (64 plate) with the black tailgate badge (silver writing saying Duster on it) but with the Phase 1 grille - glass is as Snosh says the glass is marked as India
The Access version always had the black handle; only the higher-spec models got the chrome.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...The place of manufacture is under EU regulations where the final assemble takes place...
...If it's a phase one INDIAN do not buy it . It's not worth the trouble and worry...
...sad but true: I'm sure there are exceptions, but I wasn't prepared to take the risk, and I was able to wait for a guaranteed Romanian Phase 2 Duster.

Joe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
too late ,already paid for, have to see how I get on then, the car was first registered on 18th December 2014

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...fingers crossed: let us know more when you pick it up.

Joe

·
Registered
188 Posts
thanks , quite impressed with the look and cabin area of dusters, looking forward to getting it even though im 67 . :D
Hi snosh, as with any purchase, you pays yer money & makes yer choice. My 63 plate Duster is phase 1 (India) recently had the paint recall done, which, according to the report I got from Dacia, the work the garage did was negligible. Had a few issues when I first bought, but haven't had any problem getting them sorted except for the parts lead time being somewhat long. Not sure why you've mentioned "even though I'm 67" I'm 72, but it's only a number. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts