UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to establish the length and flatness of the load area of a UK spec. Duster with the rear seats folded. I'm specifically interested in arrangements in a Laureate 4x4 Diesel. I assume it's going to be something close to one of the two styles:-

• Style A - The squab (the bit of the seat you sit on rather than the bit you lean your back against) is fixed. The seat backs simply hinge forwards but not quite far enough to be horizontal.

or

• Style B - The squabs hinge forwards from their front edges, then the seat backs hinge forwards far enough to be (roughly) horizontal.

Also - Is there any significant step up or down between boot floor level and the folded-down rear seat backs?

And finally - If the method is something like the style B I've described above, what is the resulting flat(ish) load length?

Can anyone advise? Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
230 Posts
our facelift Duster 4x2 has flat load space as the back seat that your bottom goes on hinges forward with the backrest coming forward. Obviously with the bottom bit down the backrest leans on that and doesn't go completely flat so what we do depends on if we really need it completely flat or not. Also of note we had a 5 foot 4 inch tv unit in at weekend and with bottom part hinged forward we lost a few inches and unit wouldn't fit in. We reverted back to seat down and just the backrest flipped forward. Not completely flat but gained the inches to fit it in with rear hatch fully closed. Oh and a double mattress does fit in a Duster boot ...just!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh and a double mattress does fit in a Duster boot ...just!
Hi Tipsyhedgehog,

That information was extermely helpful!

I am hoping to sleep in the back of a Dacia Duster every once in a while with my husband. He is 168cm tall.

Do you happen to know the dimensions of your double mattress? It seems that a "double" mattress size depends on where you live.

Thanks so much!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If you need a flat(ter) load space you can remove the rear seat base, it just lifts off.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Really? Mine is hinged. Must check if mine comes out. I tend not to as its quite fiddly to get all the seatbelt connectors back in place.

My 2013 4x2 isn't completely flat with the seat hinged up and seat backs folded down flat, there is still a step up from the boot floor to the seat backs.

If you want to use the split rear seat, so you can have a long load and a rear seat passenger, you have to leave the rear seat base in place, then the back won't fold down properly at all.

Also the seat backs are covered in quite flimsy material.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It seems like it's hinged but that's just the pin/hoop arrangement that stops the seat base sliding forward when you brake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts