UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon a visit to the local Dacia dealer in Southend, I saw a batch of eight new logans.

All badged up ready for delivery.

The local taxis all ready have a fleet of logans, I'm not sure if these are replacements or additional vehicles.

Will see if I can get more info, (if any one is interested)

Any way they must be reliable, for taxi use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Upon a visit to the local Dacia dealer in Southend, I saw a batch of eight new logans.

The local taxis all ready have a fleet of logans, I'm not sure if these are replacements or additional vehicles.

Hi mate, I thought there was a lot about!. Did you get your lights fixed?.

·
Registered
228 Posts

I've seen loads of Logan taxis around the Shoeburyness, Southend and Leigh areas!!

Must be good reliable workhorses I reckon! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paul, yes got them sorted, they also found a problem with the height adjuster wire.

They replaced that at the same time......now to have a go at changing the bulbs.

Hi there Clarkie, good to hear from another local member....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi there vanguard.

Likewise, good to hear from a local member!!

I've only had my Sandero since last month and I'm absolutely loving it.

Its a fantastic car and the only thing I can moan about it, is the amount of mickey taking I get from my work mates that I bought a Dacia!!

I'm the one laughing though for getting a brilliant brand new car for little money!! :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi there vanguard.

Likewise, good to hear from a local member!!

I've only had my Sandero since last month and I'm absolutely loving it.

Its a fantastic car and the only thing I can moan about it, is the amount of mickey taking I get from my work mates that I bought a Dacia!!

I'm the one laughing though for getting a brilliant brand new car for little money!! :)
haha you get that too Clarkie? It's easier just to agree with them then they don't know where to take it... It also helps for me if you moan a bit about it, that way when you've got a course at the other end of the country your not nominated to drive ;-)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Mackworth you had that problem with your work mates, I remember you saying.

I've had pretty much the opposite, most people don't believe how much car you get for your money.

And I think I got a real bargain with mine. & Loving it!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh yeah, I get loads of mickey taking!! The funny thing is though, some of my work mates have got/had brand new BMWs and they have all been nothing but trouble with on going issues so I can't see how they can take the ****!!

I splashed out when I ordered my Sandero and paid extra for a spare wheel ;) , so it cost me £6890, when my dad saw it he said what a lovely car and he guessed it must have cost at least £10000!! :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oh yeah, I get loads of mickey taking!! The funny thing is though, some of my work mates have got/had brand new BMWs and they have all been nothing but trouble with on going issues so I can't see how they can take the ****!!

I splashed out when I ordered my Sandero and paid extra for a spare wheel ;) , so it cost me £6890, when my dad saw it he said what a lovely car and he guessed it must have cost at least £10000!! :)
I don't get too much now thankfully, especially as it's coming towards winter time and the courses are due, I've already had one of them complaining their bonnet catch isn't working properly, and another hinting that he's not keen on driving down there as his cars not been service for awhile.... Funny that ;-)
They like the price, but they seem happy in their 12 year old mondeos, alfas, and the other 2 have aging pugs (one of which can no longer get the tailgate open)
Yes their cars are miiiiiles better, when it suits :-D
How's yours going Clarkie? Are you glad you chose the ambience now?

·
Registered
228 Posts
My boss spent £1200 on 4 tyres for his Porsche Cayenne after only covering 8000 miles!!! The trouble he has had in the past with BMWs you would not believe!! And these are supposedly premium cars. Oh and the ultimate driving machine!! When they work that is!!!

I'm loving my Sandero thanks Carlos. Its so far a great car!! Yes its now only just covered 300 miles but it is definitely loosening up nicely already.

It may be "only" the 1.2 but for around town it is surprisingly nippy and the engine isn't anywhere as noisy as some of the reviewers would have you believe.

Iam glad I went for the Ambiance in the end, just for the ease of having remote locking!! :)

If after having the Sandero for 4-5 years and it stays reliable etc, I would deffo then go for a Logan just for the extra boot space we may require then, if me and the missus have anymore nippers!!!

How's your Logan going Carlos??

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My boss spent £1200 on 4 tyres for his Porsche Cayenne after only covering 8000 miles!!! The trouble he has had in the past with BMWs you would not believe!! And these are supposedly premium cars. Oh and the ultimate driving machine!! When they work that is!!!

I'm loving my Sandero thanks Carlos. Its so far a great car!! Yes its now only just covered 300 miles but it is definitely loosening up nicely already.

It may be "only" the 1.2 but for around town it is surprisingly nippy and the engine isn't anywhere as noisy as some of the reviewers would have you believe.

Iam glad I went for the Ambiance in the end, just for the ease of having remote locking!! :)

If after having the Sandero for 4-5 years and it stays reliable etc, I would deffo then go for a Logan just for the extra boot space we may require then, if me and the missus have anymore nippers!!!

How's your Logan going Carlos??
the 1.2 should be nippy enough, I had a friend who had an 04 clio with the same engine, sometimes I would drive it back if he'd been drinking and I was unlucky enough to be the nights driver :-S
At the time i had an 05 1.4 fiesta, the clio knocked it out engine wise, the only downfall for me was it wasn't as nice on the steering, and the fords was quieter when idling.
I can't remember the last time i went in the boot on my logan now... The extra expense compared to the sandero wasn't really worth it for me, its only really being used for work purposes.
As your journeys seem short they vary in speed, and rpm the engine should slacken off quicker than one that's been solely driven up to 70mph and kept there for miles on end.
The 1.2 should be better for town work, the tce I find is a bit to quick off the mark sometimes, I often find myself having to brake after setting off once the turbo kicks in because it's hurtling itself rapidly at the car in front... Possibly down to the car being very light I guess.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Carlos!

Many years ago, I too had a 2005 1.4 Fiesta, and on comparison I find the 1.2 in the Sandero a lot smoother than the 1.4 Fezz!

The funny thing is years ago, a mate of mine bought a brand new Clio (which was on a "y" registration plate) and that had the same 1.2 engine in that. I drove his Clio on a few occasions but the one in my Sandero seems different but better than the one in his Clio!!
It seems nippier, and smoother so I wonder if the engine has been tweeked/refined since then??

I've only covered 400 miles in mine but it really is getting smoother and nippier already!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi Carlos!

Many years ago, I too had a 2005 1.4 Fiesta, and on comparison I find the 1.2 in the Sandero a lot smoother than the 1.4 Fezz!

The funny thing is years ago, a mate of mine bought a brand new Clio (which was on a "y" registration plate) and that had the same 1.2 engine in that. I drove his Clio on a few occasions but the one in my Sandero seems different but better than the one in his Clio!!
It seems nippier, and smoother so I wonder if the engine has been tweeked/refined since then??

I've only covered 400 miles in mine but it really is getting smoother and nippier already!!
like all petrol fords of the time the gearing was too short to be smooth, or economical.
The 1.2 engine has possibly has had a few things tightened up since back then.
Glad your enjoying your sandero, Sounds like your having fun.
It'll be a string engine, that mate who had it was regularly going into the red with it.... And it's still alive.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Carlos!

The y reg would be the 8 valve version of the 1.2. I am just over the 1800 mark with mine and the engine has a lot more oomph, in the sub 1k miles range putting your foot down brought very little, dare I say it, give it time to find it's va va voom, it's the same engine so it must be in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts