UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking to buy a new logan.Test drove a 1.5 diesel, However having read a lot of adverse reports of diesel particulate filter problems Anyone had any faults? Starting to think about getting the petrol version.Though it wasnt my first choice.

Drove the petrol and thought it underpowered. Have driven diesel cars for last 20 years. But with diesels now having dual mass flywheels,particulate filters. etc starting to wonder if i should be going back to petrol. Any comments suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi looking to buy a new logan.Test drove a 1.5 diesel, However having read a lot of adverse reports of diesel particulate filter problems Anyone had any faults? Starting to think about getting the petrol version.Though it wasnt my first choice.

Drove the petrol and thought it underpowered. Have driven diesel cars for last 20 years. But with diesels now having dual mass flywheels,particulate filters. etc starting to wonder if i should be going back to petrol. Any comments suggestions.

Thanks.
Welcome to the fold, Aeroman !

I came to the same conclusion having driven the tCe. I ordered a diesel without a test drive, like you I'm a long time diesel owner.

As for the DPF, only one report of failure as far as I can remember on this forum and that was a manufacturing fault, changed under warranty. It had to be specially ordered from Europe as no stock is carried in the UK because they don't give any trouble ! If you look on the Renault web site they say the DPF uses the Renault patented 5th injector regeneration system and will last the life of the car !! ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I've got a tce logan and it's fine, but it is a fussy little bleeder with low mileage on the clock.
All the people who complain about the tce never got to drive In one with a few thousand miles on I'm guessing.
It'll never drive as effortlessly or as economically as the diesel.
Unfortunately it's a 50/50 split on the diesel emissions saga, on a will they/won't they hammer them on the ved for localised pollution.
Unless someones got a working crystal ball I'd go with what feels best for you.
If it's power your worried about fear not on the tce, I'm yet to find a hill it won't tear up.
The dmf was the major no go for me, although no one's complained of any issues with one yet, or so I've noticed... But if it goes, you can kiss goodbye to all those £££s you've saved on fuel, and then some, also there was the cambelt, but that was the least of my worries at the time, the extra thousand pound didn't seem worth it for me as my annual mileage is really loooooooooooooowwww, in fact just over 4000 in its first year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What Carlos said, plus they get better with more miles. 7000 and counting, it's a much more compliant now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts