UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
First thing that stood out to me when looking around it at the show-room. I can't remember if the sandero has the same?

I'd lap up an after market little rubber triangle for a few quid. It just irks me how cheap it makes everything look! At least I can keep an eye on it and keep it oiled easily enough.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least it's only visable when your actually on top of it!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
171 Posts
Doesn't concern me much but knowing they are going to get wet is a little bit annoying. Will have to keep them lubricated.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
As soon I bought mine, I have greased all the hinges and locks on my Sandero, doors; bonnet, tailgate etc.

So far no sign of rust on these parts.
So it is well worth doing this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Any advice on what kind of lubricant/grease to use? I know WD40 is a water-displacement substance, rather than a lubricant and is actually a solvent so evaporates...

Wondering what is the best to spray on door handles/hinges to keep everything nice and smooth and rust free. I have some spray white-lithium grease knocking about somewhere...

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Any advice on what kind of lubricant/grease to use? I know WD40 is a water-displacement substance, rather than a lubricant and is actually a solvent so evaporates...

Wondering what is the best to spray on door handles/hinges to keep everything nice and smooth and rust free. I have some spray white-lithium grease knocking about somewhere...
I've always squirted a few drops of motor oil from an oil can onto door and bonnet hinges. Penetrates well and doesn't wash away. Spray grease is what they use at the dealers to pretend they've made an effort to lubricate various parts. Waste of time!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
171 Posts

I'd say general purpose grease either from a tub of a can. Lithium grease will do just fine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also worth putting some vaseline on the battery terminals. Stops any corrison there as well.
I stopped putting grease on terminals years ago because I found that as the battery vibrates and goes through several heat cycles tiny gaps can form between the battery casing and the grease seeps in which reacts with the chemicals in the battery. After a while the car won't start and will need a new battery. Just my experience... If you are going to do it maybe spray some electrical lubricant and wipe it with a cloth so that it cant run down the terminal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts