UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the problem with the doors not locking - the "door open" light is on and the doors will not lock.

Checked all the doors and rear hatch - closed and rear door locked, but pressing the remote, the locks bump and dont lock.

All the locks appear to be physically clear and clean.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,821 Posts
If the tail gate isn't shut completely, you can't lock the car ! I have just proved it to myself, as I didn't want to post false information !! :rolleyes:
Yes because there is a courtesy light switch for the boot light which is included in the door open circuit.

Checked all the doors and rear hatch - closed and rear door locked

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,821 Posts
Experimentation has shown that the boot light switch is operated by the boot lock releasing. If a screwdriver shaft is used to simulate the hatch locking the car can be centrally locked and the light fades out with the hatch wide open. Opening the central locking does not release the boot lock. This explains why the jammed release latch prevented the central locking working.

I will leave it to others to find the actual switch :)

·
Premium Member
4,035 Posts
Experimentation has shown that the boot light switch is operated by the boot lock releasing. If a screwdriver shaft is used to simulate the hatch locking the car can be centrally locked and the light fades out with the hatch wide open. Opening the central locking does not release the boot lock. This explains why the jammed release latch prevented the central locking working.

I will leave it to others to find the actual switch :)
I accept the fact that the tailgate is not physically locked by the central locking, but if the lock is not actually in the closed position, you cannot engage the central locking because the light switch is still on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on a dacia logan, the door light open is on even if all doors are closed and the locks bump and won't lock!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts