UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After our camping trip down to somerset we noticed the floor in the boot of the logan has dipped quite alot! Its were the floor lifts up so as to get to the spare wheel. Seems we will have to put some form of support on the floor when we load it up again! Bit of a poor show from Dacia putting such thin board on a massive capacity vehicle!!

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
I also perceive the load area floor as a weakness on my Logan MCV.

When it fails eventually I will replace with plywood, put in a proper hinge and recarpet.

I'm prepared to accept cost-cutting of this kind when I get so much car for my money.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there a big gap between the floor and spare wheel?
We'll be regularly filling the boot with camping gear so wondering if it's worth rigging something to fill the gap to prevent sagging.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi

I regularly have a lot of weight in the back, often up to ten or twelve five litre fluid containers, a couple of dispensers, and tools, and I have to say, there is no bowing of the panel. I have the boot protector, but this is not rigid at all, infact it is very flexible (I bought it as I needed some safety from spillages). May be worth looking at that?

Failing that, as you say, perhaps some ply cut to size under the mat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Done a few car boot sale with mine and the boot had been fully laden with boxes and things. Things are usually left in car for around 24 hours before we go and then any remaining stuff is left in when we get home until I get around to moving it and the floor looks perfect with no bowing of the board at all

·
Registered
63 Posts
Checked mine; with the full size spare wheel, there's very little room (if any) under the floor so I'm not expecting any future sagging problems*.

*In the boot, parts of me have already sagged! lol

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Ill have a look at mine when I've next got it out the garage, I've been loading it up pretty heavy this last month, and last night I did an almost ceiling full trip back from the cash and carry in it... not to mention the pooch that likes to bounce around in it like she's still a pup, I've got the spare too, but I've got the dogs blanket covering mine so I might not see it.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts