UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very impressed with the logan in the snow yesterday morning, was bit worried about not being able to deactivate the safety features, but it didn't cause any concern in the end.
The swb must help in keeping the weight on the back wheels.
It's not been in as deep snow as the pixo, but it may be not far off for grip, which is where the pixo excelled.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The safety features Carlos was referring to in particular is Traction control, the reason being on most cars it works by reducing the throttle until traction is regained, in snow conditions the system is often fooled by the lack of grip and cuts the throttle unnecessarily causing more drivability problems than it solves.

Hence a lot but not all cars that have traction control also have a button to disable it in such circumstances. Thereby allowing the driver to moderate slip with the old right foot, if not safer it definitely more fun ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
also abs in snow/ice conditions isn't very good either, much more effective is left foot braking whilst applying throttle to stop under rotation

had a vectra company car with traction control, one particularly frozen day I couldn't get it away from the kerb!!

:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The one thing I noticed on my logan was that the traction control did not immediately kick in when moving off so I had enough to easily get the car going but kicked in right away when I was moving and accelerated hard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts