UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a Logan MCV 2017 TCe 90 (0.9 litre). I've had the first service completed by an independent mechanic but the service indicator is stil showing on the dashboard. A typical ignition sequence goes like this:

• Turn ignition key
  • Right-hand dashboard display (multi-function) shows a car icon and a spanner icon
  • Left hand dashboard display (rev counter) shows yellow engine management light
  • Right-hand dashboard display changes from car/spanner to whichever display I've previously chosen (total milage, trip milage, set tyre pressure or outside temperature).

Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Odometer Gauge

I'd like to reset the service indication. Things I've tried:

1) The "three-brake-pedal" technique:

• Engine is off, no pedals pressed then, within 10 seconds:
  • Turn ignition to postion 2
  • Press-and-hold accelerator pedal
  • Press-and-release brake pedal 3 times
  • Release accelerator pedal
  • Turn ignition off

2) The "wiper stalk button" technique:

• Engine is off, no buttons pressed then:
  • Turn ignition to position 2
  • Press-and-hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk for at least 5 seconds (that's the button that cycles through the display modes)
  • Release the button
  • Turn ignition off

So far I haven't been able to reset the service indication so I was wondering if there was a new trick for the 2017 Logan MCV? Any help appreciated thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: There's a page in the handbook that describes the service indication (guess I should have checked here first) but I still can't reset the warning:

Product Font Material property Parallel Office supplies

At the bottom of the page it says:

"Resetting: to reset the mileage before an oil change, press and hold the display reset button for approximately 10 seconds until the display shows the range permanently".

I've tried every combination of ignition position and the reset button on the end of the wiper stalk but I still can't get the display to reset. I have the kind of display that doesn't show the distance remaining which matches the bottom illustration of "Display A" in the handbook pic above. Any ideas what to try next?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Did you ever get an answer/solution on this?

I am having same issue - service was yesterday and getting same lights

Vehicle is same model as yours

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a service on the 2nd of may,but still had the car and spanner warning indicater when I collected the car.I did not have time to take it to the dealer as I had a cataract op next day.Now driving again the orange warning light has appeared.Tryed all the usual methods to reset but not successful.Looks like off to the dealer Tuesday.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dealer reset my Logan service light and orange warning light, they said it was reset with the diagnosis machine

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
The dealer reset my Logan service light and orange warning light, they said it was reset with the diagnosis machine
I'm sure that my glove box contents have not been disturbed after the 4 services on my Stepway, I would have noticed I'm sure!! They would need to get to the bottom of the box to plug the diagnostics reader into the OBD socket. :eek:

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
Just a thought. If Renault have made it necessary for the dealer to use the diagnostics to reset the service indicator they may also be collecting data about the mileage, engine data and any evidence of remap or tuning box usage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dealer said at first the orange warning light was a engine problem,i told them it was because they had not reset the service light (the car spanner image) they then put the car on the diagnostice machine.When I collected the car engine ok and reset the dash, service managers word's so bit of a mystery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The dealer said at first the orange warning light was a engine problem,i told them it was because they had not reset the service light (the car spanner image) they then put the car on the diagnostice machine.When I collected the car engine ok and reset the dash, service managers word's so bit of a mystery.
Lol

Enviado do meu EVA-L09 através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, all Dacia after facelift (2017) have this issue. You have to do this by diagnostics (no some cheap solutions like Torque Pro with ELM), original is Renault Can Clip - too expensive. Example of doing by this:

Alternative:

Download Pyren:

https://www.drive2.ru/b/501493851572142178/

Buy ELM adapter, note that some cheap "chinas" might not work; I have approved myself ELS27 (cca 20 EUR)

The procedure is identical with Renault Can Clip above (difference is only visual).

Best luck

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 days ago, engine warning light came on & handbook said "drive carefully to dealer" but something about the timing of this = 2 days before 1st annual service made me check this forum. Sure enough a dealer "scam". Just had service done by local garage & they showed me they could reset engine warning before starting the service; otherwise I was thinking I'd have to cancel them & take my Sandy Stepway to a dealer. So it pays to check if locals have computer software to reset service warnings.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
2 days ago, engine warning light came on & handbook said "drive carefully to dealer" but something about the timing of this = 2 days before 1st annual service made me check this forum. Sure enough a dealer "scam". Just had service done by local garage & they showed me they could reset engine warning before starting the service; otherwise I was thinking I'd have to cancel them & take my Sandy Stepway to a dealer. So it pays to check if locals have computer software to reset service warnings.
Did the local garage use a computer plugged into the OBDll socket in the glove box ? Earlier than 2017 models can be re-set by just holding down the button on the right hand steering wheel stalk with the service interval displayed !
wink.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I checked the garage could connect to the car before letting them do the service but on some other threads here, people say they use bluetooth to connect.My Steppy is '18 plate.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts