UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys tell me what headlight bulbs are fitted to the Logan ,some say H1 and others say H4.This is just to save me struggling to

take them out to check.Thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Can you guys tell me what headlight bulbs are fitted to the Logan ,some say H1 and others say H4.This is just to save me struggling to
take them out to check.Thanks
I think they are the same as the Stepway H4...

But to confirm what they are look in your driver's handbook,
You will find the bulb type in the changing bulb section ( try page 5.16 that's where it is in my handbook ).

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nessi,but if you look on page 5.15 it shows a different headlight,but it doesn't tell you what model it's from.

Looks like I'm going to have to get my head under the bonnet and have a look. When it stops raining

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thanks Nessi,but if you look on page 5.15 it shows a different headlight,but it doesn't tell you what model it's from.
Looks like I'm going to have to get my head under the bonnet and have a look. When it stops raining
Just look at the front of your headlights, you will see if it has 1 bulb H4 (dip/main beam)
or 2 separate bulbs H7 (dipped beam) H1 (main beam).
You will see this from the front o your car without opening the bonnet... but I think you will have the H4.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just look at the front of your headlights, you will see if it has 1 bulb H4 (dip/main beam)
or 2 separate bulbs H7 (dipped beam) H1 (main beam).
You will see this from the front o your car without opening the bonnet... but I think you will have the H4.
Thanks again .That's an easier option

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking about getting some Phillips Xtreme bulbs. They have a good review from Which.Anyone tried them?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thinking about getting some Phillips Xtreme bulbs. They have a good review from Which.Anyone tried them?
I fitted these to mine, I am very impressed with them, they are a massive improvement to the standard factory fit bulbs... it was like going from night to day vision... and they are a very reasonable priced upgrade.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-H4-Nightbreaker-Unlimited-Bulbs-64193NBU-02B-Twin-Pack-PLUS-110-Light-/371332159807?hash=item56751f193f:g:9hIAAOSw-jhUGvYj

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Does the new bulbs throw out a further wider light? I can't help but notice in comparison to the c max the Logan's headlamps are poor, the c max lights up the ns kerb and seems to have a line-less throw in front, and is brighter, in the logan it's definately more street lamp yellow and I can see the end of the throw bobbing around on the road in front.
It's coming to a point now where I think I need to change them as Im finding the bobbing throw distracting now.
It must be a new Renault thing, the bulbs on the renault truck we got at work are really poor and have a yellowy glow, the drls are brighter!!!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Does the new bulbs throw out a further wider light? I can't help but notice in comparison to the c max the Logan's headlamps are poor, the c max lights up the ns kerb and seems to have a line-less throw in front, and is brighter, in the logan it's definately more street lamp yellow and I can see the end of the throw bobbing around on the road in front.
It's coming to a point now where I think I need to change them as Im finding the bobbing throw distracting now.
It must be a new Renault thing, the bulbs on the renault truck we got at work are really poor and have a yellowy glow, the drls are brighter!!!
Yea Carlos the standard fit bulbs are rather poor in comparison to the night breakers.

The night breakers throw out a wider longer bright white light in comparison to the dull yellow Dacia bulbs.

I done a before and after night drive test down a dark road with high trees on both sides ( The road is called Oakwood )
With the Dacia bulbs vision was not great, At the side of the road I could just see dark silhouettes of trees.
With the night breakers I had good light vision, I could see much further, I could see green trees at the side of the road..

My conclusion the difference is like night and day... Order yours now you certainly will not regret spending the few quid on them.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yea Carlos the standard fit bulbs are rather poor in comparison to the night breakers.

The night breakers throw out a wider longer bright white light in comparison to the dull yellow Dacia bulbs.

I done a before and after night drive test down a dark road with high trees on both sides ( The road is called Oakwood )
With the Dacia bulbs vision was not great, At the side of the road I could just see dark silhouettes of trees.
With the night breakers I had good light vision, I could see much further, I could see green trees at the side of the road..

My conclusion the difference is like night and day... Order yours now you certainly will not regret spending the few quid on them.
is there a chance of them yellowing the lenses if they're more powerful though?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
is there a chance of them yellowing the lenses if they're more powerful though?
They are not more powerful as such...

They are a brighter clearer light, and are perfectly safe to put in plastic headlights and should not cause any discolouration to your headlight lenses.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thanks chaps I'll get some... I'll probably have them awhile before they're fitted mind :-D
I need to change them before the Mrs takes over the logan next year.
I do remember they have a letter and a number Plus a watt and amp on the bulb, I'll try and get it to match the silver bit on the bulb. Many thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thanks chaps I'll get some... I'll probably have them awhile before they're fitted mind :-D
I need to change them before the Mrs takes over the logan next year.
I do remember they have a letter and a number Plus a watt and amp on the bulb, I'll try and get it to match the silver bit on the bulb. Many thanks
The night breaker are the same make and rating as the Dacia Bulbs.
Osram H4 60/55w

The difference is the factory fit is basic Osram Bulbs
The night breakers are a Osram superior bulb to the basic standard fit bulb fitted by Dacia..

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED: brighter, whiter and with greater performance

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED - new dimensions of halogen automotive lamps. Brighter and whiter than ever before. The latest development from the reliable NIGHT BREAKER generation emits even more light onto the road.

NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED: Halogen automotive lamp for more light, more visibility, more safety

The NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED sets new standards in terms of performance. Up to 110 % more brightness, a light cone up to 40 meters longer and 20 % whiter light compared to standard halogen lamps - the perfect precondition for safe and fatigue-free driving. Because of their improved features, NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED headlamps ensure improved visibility and significantly better response times. For all car drivers wanting to show their fists to darkness.

They take about 10min to fit, you will find fitting tips in my modifications thread see post #71 http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/7481-stepway-my-modifications/page-4

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fitted nightbreakers a few weeks ago,huge increase in light,get your beam alignment checked as most are set way too low in factory.the bulbs all the sites came up with are osr 64193nbu-hcb for the logan.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts