UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had problems with the instrument panel? Speedo and Rev Needles flicking up and down with all other leds flashing on and off!

Initially no panel lights at all then after re-seating various fuses getting this.

Car's only a few months old with 4k on the clock so not impressed. :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The instrument panel is an electronics module and there are several electronic modules in the car which "talk" to each other.

Take it back to the dealers and get it fixed under warranty. The information necessary to even attempt to fault find is not disclosed. If as your post suggests the fault is always present ( or reproducible ). it should be an easy fix assuming they have the modules available.

Electronics tend to fail early in life known unfortunately as infant mortality ( and yes that was an official return description to be ticked on the return paper work when I worked in computer hardware) or last a long time.
Thanks for the reply.

I had Dacia Assist (RAC) out last night to take a look and they were getting errors (multiplexer) on communications to body control module? Will ring main dealer Monday morning.

Does anyone know if courtesy cars should be provided on warranty jobs as we will be without a car if this takes time or they haven't got the parts available?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I had Dacia Assist (RAC) out last night to take a look and they were getting errors (multiplexer) on communications to body control module? Will ring main dealer Monday morning.

Does anyone know if courtesy cars should be provided on warranty jobs as we will be without a car if this takes time or they haven't got the parts available?
hi there, Evans halshaw do. But only if your lucky and they're not all out on loan... End of the weeks the worst time the servicing woman told me as apparently people like to try and keep them over the weekend ;-)
There is no guaranteed courtesy car with dacia, I think that's purely renault and Nissan domain.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
hi there, Evans halshaw do. But only if your lucky and they're not all out on loan... End of the weeks the worst time the servicing woman told me as apparently people like to try and keep them over the weekend ;-)
There is no guaranteed courtesy car with dacia, I think that's purely renault and Nissan domain.
If you don't get one, contact Dacia CS and complain they will organise a hire car

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The body control module is probably the module that is located under the central console in front of the gear stick. If you are lucky it will be this as it is very easy to replace compared to the instrument panel and less to get damaged
The RAC guy seemed to think the BCM might be the box immediately behind fuse box on the nearside. It's made by Continental. Yes, I hope it's going to be a simple module swap and they've got the bits. Just to note, I spotted something a bit iffy a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the speedo needle flickering up and down slightly whilst sitting in the drive stationary, it only happened the once so I put it down to being a 'feature' of buying a budget car. :unsure:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to update. I was told today they replaced the complete instrument cluster. RAC towed into Renault Canterbury yesterday morning, part ordered and came this morning and fitted by midday. Will post if any further problems crop up. Thanks again for all the replies, it'll be interesting to see if anyone else gets this or if we were just unlucky!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just to update. I was told today they replaced the complete instrument cluster. RAC towed into Renault Canterbury yesterday morning, part ordered and came this morning and fitted by midday. Will post if any further problems crop up. Thanks again for all the replies, it'll be interesting to see if anyone else gets this or if we were just unlucky!
Good to see the part was replaced so promptly for you, Hope that's it now fully sorted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts