UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come across this clip on you tube. It seems the this particular Logan has push button opening! Why would they not just fit the same tailgate onto uk spec Logans!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its being a bit picky i guess as we really enjoying the Logan experience.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
No! I don't want that model.Open the boot and a Romanian has stowed away in it!

Doesn't he know he is allowed to enter the UK legally now?

And, to ensure I cause no offence, he and his countrymen are very welcome here. Maybe they could teach our car builders how to produce affordable products.

More seriously, as an owner of two mark 3 Pandas, well known for the faulty electric tailgate locking mechanism, I can live with opening the boot with a key or the lever by the drivers foot. After all, I've survived a year of this arrangement in my wife's Sandero.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I had an automatic switch on my Citroen C4 that pretty much failed daily - so having a mechanical lever on the drivers side is much better.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
from what i know its the same tail gate in rhd and lhd on the logan mcv

u better check this out and realy see that u all got a button to open the tailgate aswell as the leaver

i admit i didnt see a rhd logan here in romania but the lhd has definitely button and leaver (at least the one i tested had both)

i wait for ur replys on this please....check it out to confirm!!!!!!!!!

there was here in romania on another guy s review of logan mcv that the button for women its a bit to inclose and they could break a nail or too (not joking)

so maybe this is the reason that u dont get a button in uk model but i doubt it but since i was unable to see here in romania the uk model i expect replys from u all that indeed u dont have a button .....?!

waiting... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I think that none of us have a button on the bootlid itself on the sandero stepway or logan mcv. I think we have had the internal boot release instead.....

Antavi, do the LHD models have an internal boot release like we have I the uk??
Cheers

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
its pretty stupid to have both

but the one i tested a (a guy who new a guy friend of mine) logan mcv 1.2 with lpg (and the LPG is factory fiting if u want one) had both leaver and button

maybe was a one of a kind (a mistake) but definitely the lhd have buttons

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually I think it's a good idea to have a key opening these days! Imagine pulling up at a set of traffic lights - some chancer comes up behind your car on foot, whips open your tailgate, and grabs anything conveniently close to the back, and runs! There action time a few seconds, how fast could you, react, unbuckle your seatbelt, open the door, get out, and decide to run after them......

It's only a minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually I think it's a good idea to have a key opening these days! Imagine pulling up at a set of traffic lights - some chancer comes up behind your car on foot, whips open your tailgate, and grabs anything conveniently close to the back, and runs! There action time a few seconds, how fast could you, react, unbuckle your seatbelt, open the door, get out, and decide to run after them......

It's only a minor inconvenience.
You have a good point but if you had a crash and the engine was on fire and the side doors are crumpled the only way out was someone opening the boot, it will slow down the rescue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have a point too. But if the "autolock" was on you'd be in the same position, and if the side doors were crumpled maybe the windows would shatter. On balance I think I'd go with the theft protection. It's individual choice I guess. :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
You have a good point but if you had a crash and the engine was on fire and the side doors are crumpled the only way out was someone opening the boot, it will slow down the rescue.
Where did u hear ever that doors are emergency exits in cars most of all

Windows are not doors smash and exit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts