UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure whether the Logan uses a direct or indirect TPMS please?

Indirect is using ABS wheel sensors to detect changes in wheel speed

Direct is using sensor units and valves in each wheel with internal battery and radio device to send info to a computer

Has anyone had their tyres off and had a look? Or is there anyone from Dacia who can confirm please?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Does anyone know for sure whether the Logan uses a direct or indirect TPMS please?

Indirect is using ABS wheel sensors to detect changes in wheel speed

Direct is using sensor units and valves in each wheel with internal battery and radio device to send info to a computer

Has anyone had their tyres off and had a look? Or is there anyone from Dacia who can confirm please?

Thanks

They are direct..
Also if you have a spare wheel they do not have a sensor fitted, So if used on your car the TPMS will show a fault.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just ordered 2 wheels and winter tyres for my Logan from Mytyres .co.uk.They fit the TPM,s for about £20 extra
Although these can be fitted to your spares, You will probably find they will not work when the spares are fitted to your car... They have to be matched to your car in sets of 4, hence why the Dacia spare does not have one fitted.
When you change your wheels you will have to go to your dealer to get the TPS reprogramed / reset, then get it done again when you put the original wheels back on after the winter wheels come of again.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Better just to get 4 seasons tyres. I just fitted 4 Hankook Kinergy 4s, they are M+S plus the snowflake symbol which are the legal requirements for winter use in Germany (original Goodyear summer tyres have only done 4,500 km). I put Hankook on my previous car and was very pleased with them the whole year round.

They run much better than the original tyres. I found that the Goodyear tended to wander a bit.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Although these can be fitted to your spares, You will probably find they will not work when the spares are fitted to your car... They have to be matched to your car in sets of 4, hence why the Dacia spare does not have one fitted.
When you change your wheels you will have to go to your dealer to get the TPS reprogramed / reset, then get it done again when you put the original wheels back on after the winter wheels come of again.
...I've had two TPMS valves replaced on my Duster, on the same wheel but almost six months apart. Nothing was done to the other three wheels/valves either time, so I reckon if I fitted a TPMS valve to the spare it would work OK, so long as I reset the TPMS monitor on the wiper stalk when the wheel was changed?...

...actually, I'd rather get rid of them and just keep a regular eye on valve pressures: like I've been doing on bikes & cars for the last 35 years!

Joe

Joe

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you fit one to the spare you then have the situation that 5 wheels are detected, wonder how the system deals with that.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
...I've had two TPMS valves replaced on my Duster, on the same wheel but almost six months apart. Nothing was done to the other three wheels/valves either time, so I reckon if I fitted a TPMS valve to the spare it would work OK, so long as I reset the TPMS monitor on the wiper stalk when the wheel was changed?...

...actually, I'd rather get rid of them and just keep a regular eye on valve pressures: like I've been doing on bikes & cars for the last 35 years!

Joe

Joe

Where did you have the valves changed at the dealers, If so they would have reprogrammed them when they done the replacements...

According to threads like this one the TSMS sensor valves have to be coded to your car..
http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/5199-winter-tyres-wheels/

I think if you fitted a TPMS valve to your spare, that could pose a issue if the system is detecting 5 wheels on a 4 wheel car.

There is much confusion with these sensors, They are relatively pointless as far as I can work out you can loose around 20% of your tyre pressure before you get the first warning and up to 50% before the second warning. So regular manual tyre pressure checks is still the only accurate way of monitoring your correct tyre pressures..

I think the TPMS is as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I bought a standard wheel and tyre just after I got my Logan.Had a TPMS fitted. Tried it on the car all OK no warning light.

Never had it reset

·
Registered
398 Posts
Did you deflate the one you swapped it with, or move the replaced tyre out of tpms radio range? If not the the system would still pick up the transmissions from the original tyre so everything would appear to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts