UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Duster Lauriate 4x4 with electronic stability and traction control on 16th February. I was told by the renault garage in Leeds that the latest delivery date would be 31/5/13. Yesterday I found out that Dacia are not doing a production of this model until June and I wont get it until August! I am very disappointed but, unless I want to change the model, there is nothing I can do but wait. I have bought a personalised number plate for it which incorporates the 13 reg but by the time I get it, 63 reg's will be almost out. I feel very disappointed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I ordered a Duster Lauriate 4x4 with electronic stability and traction control on 16th February. I was told by the renault garage in Leeds that the latest delivery date would be 31/5/13. Yesterday I found out that Dacia are not doing a production of this model until June and I wont get it until August! I am very disappointed but, unless I want to change the model, there is nothing I can do but wait. I have bought a personalised number plate for it which incorporates the 13 reg but by the time I get it, 63 reg's will be almost out. I feel very disappointed.
Welcome to the waiting room eithnew. Hope your stay is not as long as some.

Reactions: eithnew

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Welcome to the club :)

There's a lot of disappointed people in the same boat as you, me for one :)

Reactions: eithnew

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is there nothing that can be done? The garage said that they didnt know and only got a new system last week where they can actually see what's going on.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
So is there nothing that can be done? The garage said that they didnt know and only got a new system last week where they can actually see what's going on.
Even with the system they cannot give you a definite answer, the only time you'll know is when your car is released from the Tyne port import center and it's on the back of a transporter.

On the dacia site it says August for your car spec, unless its white then it will be later.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am getting caspian blue so that will be later than August will it :(

Good luck for thursday I hope it arrives.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
I am getting caspian blue so that will be later than August will it :(

Good luck for thursday I hope it arrives.
Just white paint, seems to take longer, so you should be ok for August, there are some dusters available nation wide, depending on spec and colour you can bag one for earlier delivery, need to check with your dealer.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Unicoder, the dealer said there are none in the country with electronic stability and traction control as yet. The production run for them isnt until June according the to the dealership.

·
Registered
560 Posts
eithnew that is interesting as I originally had ordered ESC and the date was pushed back to 1st June. So I dropped that from the spec and also changed dealer. Delivery was last week and took 3 weeks from order to collect.

Seems that had I not done this I would have had the date pushed back again.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi ****

That is really interesting, we thought about lowering the spec but the articles we have read seem to think that is a must have. I might ring round dealers and see if anyone can get anything earlier. Hope you are enjoying your new car, its the same colour as mine.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi I am enjoying it yes. This is the first time we have bought a new car ( besides new to us ) and except for the well documented waits, so far so good.

Nice to see another Yorkshire Duster soon to be on the roads.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoo hooo! the dealership have just rang and I can have my duster next month at the same spec but just a different colour - granite grey instead of caspian blue. Thats ok, I think the grey is quite nice and it much better than having to wait until the end of August!! :D

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Whoo hooo! the dealership have just rang and I can have my duster next month at the same spec but just a different colour - granite grey instead of caspian blue. Thats ok, I think the grey is quite nice and it much better than having to wait until the end of August!! :D
YAY....thats brilliant....really excited for you ethinew...you'll love it when it comes....promise :D :D :D :D

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Dusterdly! I cant wait. You ordered yours a week before me, but I am glad you are enjoying life with George!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Thanks Dusterdly! I cant wait. You ordered yours a week before me, but I am glad you are enjoying life with George!
as SteveR would say.....he's brill :D

.....but I went for the ambience 4x4, with no ESC.......don't need that option as the 4x4 covers it.

And the silver which isn't the popularist...but it was still 2 and half months of tearing my hair out and, feeling as though I wanted him now, and being a VERY impatient child wanting my new car NOW !!!!! :)

But your's is on its way.....you won't sleep the night before....and as you drive him for the first time you will get a smug smile on your face....

The good news is...

I still have the smug smile....and enjoy driving him :wub: !!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Great news, hope it's sooner rather than later. Mine is Granite Grey and while I think all the colours look good I am really pleased with the finish and have had compliments about the colour. I love driving this car!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Eithnew, great news. We are having the first Tyke Dacia Owners Meet on 9th June near Sheffield. If your new Duster hasn't arrived by the you could come in another car and meet up with other forum members. We know of one who will be in her Ford Fiesta.

If you want any info just message me or visit the thread

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/768-1st-tyke-dacia-owners-meet-up/

Reactions: antavi

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi ****, I would like to come to that but I don't think I will have my duster by then, it's currently on a ship so might be about 3 weeks before I got it. I will have a look at the details in your link.

Eithne

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The car is in the UK!!! whooo hoooo! :D :lol: ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts