UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspecting my Duster today after a powerwash (the Duster that is ... me, I'll probably just have a bath later) ... I found that the front edge of one of the wheel arch protectors was a little unstuck. Anybody else had this problem at all? It's not sticking out by much (see photo below), but it's a niggle and it could get worse. There's a few 'snaggy' things stacking up now that I need to discuss with the dealer and the slightly sticky out protector is one of them. I still love driving my Duster and I am a happy bunny generally, but I want to make sure things are okay that should be okay on what is a brand new motor ...

IMG_LooseWheelArchProtector.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes I have the same problem and also with one door protector so my duster is going into get them replaced next week hope this solves the problem

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have the same problem and also with one door protector so my duster is going into get them replaced next week hope this solves the problem
Thanks Gaza
That's helpful to know

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yip, Snap. My Duster and the Front bumper protector`s were starting to part company the first day I got it :angry: ,

Told my Dealer about it the next day but they really showed no interest in fixing it, so far it seams to me if you BUY a Dacia and have any small niggles.. TUFF LUCK your on your own!!.. you find out the Hard way as they say..

:eek: WARNING!! :eek: Dacia This sort of SERVICE will Do you NO Good!! :eek: towards :( customer relations...

Any one else getting very poor customer service from so called Dacia Dealers?. They would rather sell you a Renault!!.. anything Dacia is a bother to them..

Not a Happy Bunny..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Simmy-Sammy, knowing that this is a problem that other Duster owners are having with their new cars gives me some back-up when I take my Duster to the dealer

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just checked mine. Ok at the moment, but the bit that goes round the sill is not flush with paintwork. More of a fitting issue, and minor, so will wait and see.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another couple of instances of unstuck protectors:

1) Wheel arch protector coming unstuck

2) Door protector - unstuck edging

IMG_UnstuckWheelArchProtector1.jpg

IMG__UnstuckDoorProtector1.jpg

Very shoddy work (at import centre)

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
That's what worries me about these protection packs. Just stuck on, which means dirt and grit will eventually find its way in, scratch the paint and a few years down the line, some nice rust spots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
That's what worries me about these protection packs. Just stuck on, which means dirt and grit will eventually find its way in, scratch the paint and a few years down the line, some nice rust spots!
Don't mention the "R" word :)

Seriously though, I was put off by the stuck on protection, after seeing it peeling off a duster in a showroom.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't mention the "R" word :)
Seriously though, I was put off by the stuck on protection, after seeing it peeling off a duster in a showroom.
I also saw that at a showroom I visited it looked awfull.

Reactions: Unicoder

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi All

Thanks for your replies. Not happy with all the shoddy protector work. I've emailed all the photos to the dealer tonight and I will expect the problem to be sorted properly and permanently.

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
560 Posts
I too was concerned about the fitting of the Adventure Pack. We had initially set off to include this in our order but the way it was coming off the showroom car, combined with the fitting at the edges as per bluegerbera's photo above made us drop this item.

It seems to me that the plastic is not pliant enough to fit around the Dusters curves so perhaps if it was warmed gently they may have more success. Won't help the problem in bluegerbera's photo though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi All
Thanks for your replies. Not happy with all the shoddy protector work. I've emailed all the photos to the dealer tonight and I will expect the problem to be sorted properly and permanently.
Update:
Dealer is going to fit complete new set of wheel arch and door protectors. This is not the first case they've had and I think they're pretty hacked off with the shoddy work by the import centre. They are also going to affix the wiring junction box for the alarm properly (see Micknands posted topic: http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/723-alarm-wiring/)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great new SB
Yeah, thanks Juju ... hopefully get the work done in the next couple of weeks, once the parts arrive. But it's good when the dealer takes ownership of a problem and you don't have to do battle to get sorted.

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Registered
560 Posts
Great new StoneBreaker. Any idea how they intend fixing the alarm box? I would have thought the idea of fixing it with Velcro was in order to remove it when required........but why would it be required?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great new StoneBreaker. Any idea how they intend fixing the alarm box? I would have thought the idea of fixing it with Velcro was in order to remove it when required........but why would it be required?
Hi ****
I'm not sure what fixings they'll use ... I'll ask them, though, when I take the car in ... mebbe it'll just be some heavier-duty, dealer-strength double-sided sticky tape!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone else finding the black plastic adventure pack goes grey too quickly, or have I used too much back-to-black product? !!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Adventurer pack has problems. The moulding is coming away at the top of both front wheel arches. This one was fitted by the dealer as it was missed at the import centre. They are having a look at it next wednesday. Not too impressed!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts