UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work on Tuesday this week when I noticed that the temparature warning light was on and the bar graph was at full scale. I stopped the car and opened the bonnet to find the engine compartment covered in coolant and that a hose from the heater matrix had come off at the engine block end.

I contacted Dacia Assist and the AA eventually turned up. They re-filled the cooling sysyem with water and re-fitted the hose using a worm drive hose clip instead of the factory fitted wire clip. I took the car to the dealers later in the week where they re-filled the system with coolant. They could find no fault with the vehicle and were unable to offer an explanation as to why the hose had come off. I suspect that either the hose had not been correctly fitted during manufacture or that the hose clip was faulty and did not have sufficient spring tesion.

My previous problem with missing blanking plugs in the floor, this cooling system fault and reports from other owners certainly point towards quality control issues at the factory. My car is covered with little coloured paint marks on various nuts and bolts and other components as was the hose clip that came adrift. I assumed that these were put on by a production worker to signify the component had been checked during assembly. Here's a message for Dacia, YOUR QUALITY CONTROL IS NOT WORKING!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm starting to think that there is such a back log on the order books that quantity is taking priority over quality- and for those forum members who take any negative statement as a personal attack please remember this is my opinion

·
Registered
346 Posts
It does seem that perhaps the Duster has a few teething issues, until there are more sandero and stepways delivered to people on the site we won't know if these are more isolated problems.

Reactions: Nick
1 - 3 of 3 Posts