UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've owned my Duster for a month now all is well except for the automatic LPG to Petrol situation. According to the manual it's supposed to switch when the LPG tank is low, or empty. Whichever of the two the LPG never switches. It's happened twice where I've had to manually switch it to Petrol thinking to myself it'll do harm if it didn't switch on its own.

The second question is how do you know if you've filled up the LPG tank? I was told it'd slow down to the point where you know it's full and you stop. However, the second time I put gas it exceeded the first time in how many litres I put. I don't recall how much on both occasions. I didn't hear a leak or smell of gas so assume all was fine and that maybe the tank was very low?

Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
With respect to your first question - if the LPG tank really is empty and the car doesn't switch to petrol, it will stop. Did that happen? If not then the LPG tank wasn't empty. Moreover - if you manually force it to petrol, it will not switch back to LPG. My recommendation is to just leave it on LPG and forget about it.

And your second question: filling will stop automatically when the tank is at approx. 80% level. This is because there needs to be some header space in the tank to allow for temperature variations. The cut-off level can vary with filling station (pressure), ambient temperature and so on. Don't worry about it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts