UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to weigh up if it is worth the battle to sort a bi fuel out over a normal petrol if LPG stations will all be gone within a year or two? Or do you think the few remaining will stay to service those that need it? There’s 3-4 stations near enough to make it worth it but an worried about committing and then not being able to get it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know Shell removed LPG from all their forecourts a couple of years ago. The MFG (Motor Fuel Group) is planning to remove LPG from all it's forecourts by 2024, I believe they also own the Morison's petrol stations. MFG is planning to end the sale of auto-LPG on its forecourts | PetrolPrices

The closest place to me that sells it is Sainsburys, and on their site it says "no adaptors" which are obviously used by Dacia.

Strange, now with fuel at £2 a litre you would think it would be in higher demand that ever, yet it is clearly being removed from a large number of petrol stations.

I didn't order if with my Stepway, I only do about 5000 miles a year, there is virtually nowhere near me that sells it and I wanted a spare wheel. Finally I just thought it is another thing to go wrong and likely to causes issues in future.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Currently enjoying our Goverment fuel rebate which is pushing the LPG price down to 50p a litre here.
I think LPG will still be available in the UK so why not have the bi-fuel car as the running costs are so low in comparison.
Thats assuming Dacia reopen orders on LPG versions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is indeed a shame that it’s going with the price of fuel etc on the rise- and the fact that EV equivalent cars are twice the price.

In the end the decision was made for me as there isn’t a single bi-fuel around to buy, so went for a 130 Extreme instead 👌🏻

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are thinking of getting lpg then get one. You will still have your regular tank anyway but can enjoy the cheap fuel benefits whilst you can.
I'm not aware of any other reasons to avoid. If buying new there is no price difference is there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
There was no price difference when we ordered ours which I always thought a bit strange as it must cost Dacia more to manufacture than the standard petrol model.

I think it's a no brainer to have the bi-fuel model at the same price as the cost of lpg is so much cheaper than petrol. I'm still in my initial tank of petrol 3 months after getting the duster as I always use the lpg.

Another benefit is you get an additional 10bhp when running on Lpg.
I'm fortunate that I have 2 local garages near me who sell the gas so that does help!

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's a shame, but its a dying fuel, and this will be my last fossil fuel as the bottom will drop out of the market on those too by the end of the decade, like it has for gas boilers.

Carting around an lpg tank on the off chance you can save 40 quid, I can see why at the moment that's fine but making it so hard to locate a filling station....

·
Registered
126 Posts
The off chance? Filled up for 16 Euros (28 litres, last week, 14 Euros (25 litres) the next time. If I was using unleaded that would have cost 80 Euro, not 30.
This is how cheap LPG is. Currently saving a whole Euro per litre give or take.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The off chance refers to the increasingly low chance you will encounter an LPG pump. Don't get me wrong I wanted an LPG a few years back when it first became obvious EVs were rapidly getting to uncomfortable levels of investment to get a decent on that's the right size but now not only can you not get one (on the Jogger either) but those that will permit Dacias are very hard to find around here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i drive somewhere in between 16.000 - 20.000 km per year. Lpg is about 1 euro and euro95 is about 2,30 euro. the mileage on petrol is probably better than on lpg, but i do get an average of 13.5 km on 1 liter lpg (duster 2019 1.6 engine). The road tax on lpg cars is 200 euro more compared to a petrol (euro95) car, but if i add everything up i save around 1100 euro's a year. But the availability of lpg is good compared what i read in this thread. At worse i have to drive 2 km to a gas station that has lpg, luckily it is nearby because of the small factory fitted 40 liter tank which fills up to about 32 liters of lpg. So i need to fill up the tank twice a week. That's the online downside of the lpg system that dacia fitted, i would have preferred a 70 liter tank that was also fitted (aftermarket) on my old duster.

so, a lpg gas station nearby or on the way to work makes it definitely worth to go for bifuel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
absolutely loving my lpg/petrol duster it has saved me an absolute fortune, i have done 16000 miles in my first year, 98% lpg, i cannot imagine how much more it would of cost for petrol, just get the Autogasapp from google/apple store etc , install it and it will tell you where your local lpg stations are and how much they charge per litre .....and start saving a load of money

·
Registered
24 Posts
The road tax on lpg cars is 200 euro more compared to a petrol (euro95) car
What? That’s crazy, LPG burns so much cleaner you get half price road tax the first 5 years here (€12/yr). Use of bus lanes into Barcelona, I think about 40% off metered parking on public streets/lots, you also get a lower price on toll roads (I don’t remember how much as I don’t use them).

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,226 Posts
If like you and me people put it in their profile you can find out by hovering over the flag or user name.
Not in all cases, I think some must be registered as "private" may be, unless you know the country flag ! :confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts