UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a few interesting parts for my facelift duster:-

1. Rear boot lip cover in ABS plastic, expensive but I think worth it as it is the one area to me that looks cheap and very easily scratched.
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422570974.556037.jpg

2. LED multi light 3rd brake light. Why not looks better!
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422571049.900435.jpg

3. Rubber strip between edge of windscreen and roof, supposed to help against stone chips but not sure really:-
ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422571153.218744.jpg ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422571166.728921.jpg

Loads more interesting bits on the website, one thing I fancy is changing the drivers electric window to one touch and they sell a module to do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is no internal release in the Duster, looks identical to me so hopefully no modifications required. I'll let you know when I receive it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Watching this with interest, I've considered the interior boot protector before. The YouTube vids appear very straightforward to fit without mods.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I've got the boot lip protector on order, the centre brake light and the door strips. Hadn't seen that roof leading edge seal - good idea as it's surprising how much it's been hit on my car in a little over a year...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So parts arrived from Germany today. Fitted the three items in less than 20 minutes. rear trim fitted perfectly ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422627157.777926.jpg ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1422627176.918545.jpg
These are before and after shots.

The 3rd brake light was fiddly as it comes with a black reflector fitted but included in the box is a chrome replacement. I utilised the chrome version with the OE red reflector meaning that it looks OE but now has a number of LEDs and is E marked so WILL pass an MOT.

The rubber strip was easy to fit but still not sure if I'll keep it on, I'll leave it for a little bit and see how it looks in a few days, that said I was coming home from work today and driving along this little lane when a knob in a BMW 435d just had to overtake and threw up stones, penis extension or what so this rubber strip may be useful against tossers like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a shame and it's only by luck that the Duster is the same (no remote opening). I guess the RHD market is not lucrative enough in Europe to produce specific parts. For example I like the full LED rear lights but only available in LHD. Therefore I'd have to rewire the fog and reverse so have not gone for it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an old thread I am trying to find that rubber strip on lzparts for that gap in the windscreen but cant find it, have you the original link to it ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts