UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Any Mariana Blue owners out there also got these white specks in the paint? there are lots of them on the bonnet of my car, none or few elsewhere. They're actually in the paint itself, not poor finish or chips, the surface is completely smooth over them. The image below is bigger than lifesize.

specks.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture I didn't want to use flash.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not all over but in different places, more of them and more noticeable on the bonnet.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Here's a better picture with a 10p for scale. I only really spotted them because I went to give the car it's first good clean and polish.

specks2.jpg

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
When I caressed Quackers' rear end shoulders in her weekly seeing to during the waxing I noticed something similar, now Quackers is Granite Grey. On mine you can't really notice it unless you get within kissing distance. I would hazard a guess that it maybe a slight problem with the paint application process as opposed to a particular colour problem?

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
I wonder if there were batches of white painted cars inbetween the netallic coats?

Are they white specs?
Certainly looks like white spits on top of the blue basecoat if its under the clearcoat a respray is the only solution. Massive no-no spraying whites among metallics for this very reason, been bollocked a few times at work for doing the same thing

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Contaminants in the spray gun then? I'm not sure it bothers me enough to get it resprayed though, I'll have a think about it.

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Just not cleaning the spray guns/auto machines out properly between colour runs . As you say its probably not worth the trouble of a respray and won't affect the paint finish,makes your Duster even more special!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here are some ideas on the white spots. Is it the seam sealer that is white that has got on the car. Also it could be that the lacquer got burt it transit. This can happen if the cars are parked near a railway track. The wheels can through up hot iron fillings from the brakes or wheels to track. That is why you see audi with covers over the top of the cars. I had a couple on the roof of the car they polished out also some white sealer on the rear of the car. All were the size of a pin head.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can see that happening Dave but after checking carefully the white spots are actually mostly confined to the bonnet top, there are a small number elsewhere but none on the wings to either side of the bonnet or on the front. I have found a number of micro pits in the left wing as if it had been hit by really small flying sand particles, these I can catch slightly with my nail so I'll be filling them in soonest.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am unhappy with the finish to my mariana blue. been fobbed off while awaiting seat base replacement but will now chase them.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Call the dealer again or Dacia CS, if you're not happy make them fix it properly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Troute - I too have a white spot on my bonnet, noticeable and under the glaze.

Mrs not too happy with it. Not sure what can be done -what have Dacia said to you?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here are some ideas on the white spots. Is it the seam sealer that is white that has got on the car. Also it could be that the lacquer got burt it transit. This can happen if the cars are parked near a railway track. The wheels can through up hot iron fillings from the brakes or wheels to track. That is why you see audi with covers over the top of the cars. I had a couple on the roof of the car they polished out also some white sealer on the rear of the car. All were the size of a pin head.
Probably a complete red herring but I mention it just in case it has some relevance. Dusters are exported from the port of Ennore. There is a huge coal fired power station beside the port. The majority of the shipping , I believe , is delivering coal . I think the port developed to support the power station. Car exports are only a recent addition to the ports activities to release some pressure on the very congested main port of Chennai. Dusters are lined up on the quayside awaiting export.
This may be entirely irrelevant , but the phrase "lacquer got burnt in transit " caught my attention.

Living in South Devon the other alternative that springs to mind is the corrosive effects of seagull droppings. The gulls round here seem to carry booster tanks and are accurate to the point of " through the eye of a needle at 100 yards ".

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not spoken to Dacia or the dealer about it Lotus Cowboy, I might later this week. Peter I suspect the earlier suggestion about dirty spray nozzle is the cause of it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts