UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I will be spending some more money then!
It will defo be money well spent, Door sills are the place on every car that get scratched... But not just will they protect your sills they actually look really smart especially the mirror finished ones... After you have fitted them you will open you door then instantly smile thinking to yourself they look so classy.. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought those sill protectors a few months ago, really like the look of them however they don't sit completely flush with the sill once stuck on. Just a heads up if you're particularly fussy about these things, I still think they're great. Also paid £39.99 posted.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unlucky Truth, when there is a bargain on the go you have to snap it up when it going, the old story if you are not quick someone else will beat you to it....

Just keep checking flebay the seller may list another set, or you could always message them and ask if they have another set its worth a try.

None of the flebay sellers who have them will deliver to my area, so I had to order mine on Amazon mine and ended up costing me £43.45 including p&p.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Saw these the other day. Theres an English guy selling them for £2 more on ebay with a quick delivery time

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saw these the other day. Theres an English guy selling them for £2 more on ebay with a quick delivery time
Truth, have you taken the plunge and ordered them yet?

If you get them when fitting.... Tips...

Ensure sill is completely clean, Soapy water wash then dry is a good idea....

I lined them up to make sure they would be in about the same place on both side of the car,( I have seen them on in different places HaHa! once seen not forgotten lol ) So I used a small piece of masking tape as a marker at one end of each plate so I get them stuck in the right place with the marker as my guide location.

Heat both the sill and the plate up with a hair dryer.

peel off the back then stick them down whilst warm, ( using your guide for position ).
Have a practice of putting it on in place, to get the feel of it before you remove the tape.. you only get 1 shot to get it right... but you can practice as much as you want till you feel have it to perfection.
When you get the warm strip stuck down in place, press down on it firmly all along, I actually done this with my foot for extra pressure... butt that's just me making sure they are on to stay.

** the use of the hair dryer gives the best bond, the glue strips work much better when warm **

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi Nessi.
Still not plunged yet but thanks for those tips for if/when I do! :)
Can't remember who mentioned that the back ones don't fit flush but it put me off a bit.....
OCD alert! :lol: ;)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Nessi.
Still not plunged yet but thanks for those tips for if/when I do! :)
Can't remember who mentioned that the back ones don't fit flush but it put me off a bit.....
OCD alert! :lol: ;)
The not fitting flush thing is just the thickness of the glue strip on the back of the plates,The heat and foot pressure keeps the gap down a little.... I am fussy but think they look alright.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ordered , £29 including the postage :)
Shall I hibernate now! lol.... You will be happy once you see them on your car, but even happier knowing you got them at a bargain price, that's just £7.25 each... O yes I have done the maths haha...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts