UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

It might be a simply thing to solve but I'm stuck on this problem.

I have a SanDisk 32gb stick for music. Each artist is in a folder no problem there but it seems that Media Nav is picky about wich folder to show. Example: I've put some Simply Red on there in the folder "Simply Red"....it's not showing that in the car. I've tried everything from converting mediafiles to namechange of the folder.....nothing?

So I can't play any Simply Red, or Guns N Roses.

Now it's copying and hoping it will show in the Media Nav.

Can somebody help and tell what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry for the bad sentencing: I'm Dutch.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Apparently there is a limit to the number of folders it can handle at any one time, although I don't know how many that is - the manual doesn't mention the subject at all. However, don't be fooled as I was by the text on the side bar between the up and down arrows which may indicate (for example) "1 of 5"; I took that to mean that there were only five folders (or tracks if I was in a folder) when in fact it means that there are five full screens of tracks or folders to be viewed.

Another problem I hit with some albums when copying them from iTunes - MediaNav will not play MP4; you'll need to convert the tracks to MP3.

Another tip for you - I found that the normal USB sticks stuck out a bit far and so bought four Kingston 16 Gb Micro sticks from Amazon - only £5.18 each and they protrude only about 10mm from the unit. Very neat and not likely to be caught on something.

PS one of my Simply Red albums does get listed and plays and so it's not that LG doesn't like them !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I got this SanDisk 32Gb MicroCruzer stick that fits like a charm.

Even a stick with only Guns N Roses and Simply Red won't make them show up on screen.

I already knew the sidebar shows pages of folders. It's al mp3 and the Simply Red folders aren't different in tags or type from other musicfiles......

Still strange....

When copying on stick I use 64bit Windows 7, might be the Cruzer stick thats formatted NTFS?

Should I use (32bit) Fat?

LG prohibets me from playing curtain music!

Annoying not knowing what the problem is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Haven't tried NTFS but mine are ExFAT copied on an iMac from iTunes and work fine - including as I said before for Simply Red !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Ive tried: FAt32 formatting, lowering the amount of directories to max of 26, 32gb SanDisk usb stick,

Still it doesn't show all music. :-(

Every archive is Unhidden, correct mp3........

I don't no how that is possible!!

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I am using a 16GB mini stick for music in WMA format. All the cds appear as separate 'folders' so I can chose the cd then pick a track, fine !

I can add a cd, via my PC at any time by 'syncing' to stick, fine !

I have purchase another stick, for the grand kids, tho put their 'rap' type music on, but after I have synced them to the stick, they are not in cd folders, just one large folder with the cds tracks merged into one long list !

Can anybody tell me what I have done wrong ?

By the way the way, I have not 'formatted' the sticks, just used them as they came out of the packet, so I presume here lies the problem, but I dont know how to format !

Help needed from one of you 'techie people' out there please ! ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Roger, formatting will not affect the listing of content as you see it. Each individual music track is a file, and files are either contained in the root directory (one big list) or are split into folders. If you use proprietary software (iTunes or Windows Media Player) to copy your music over onto the stick it should by default copy each tune (file) into a folder for its respective CD. Then, when using MediaNav and you select "Media" the primary listing you will see is of the Folders/CD names only; you then touch-screen on the Folder/CD name to see the contents. On the other hand if the music files are simply copied to the stick without being identified with a CD or folder you will get the result that you have.

Personally I'd fix the rap stick by jumping on it, but to keep the kids happy you might like to create a folder for each of the CDs on the stick and then simply drag the appropriate files over into each of these newly created folders. The other way would be to erase the stick and start again, this time making sure that the synch software you are using is correctly set up to do what you want.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Roger, formatting will not affect the listing of content as you see it. Each individual music track is a file, and files are either contained in the root directory (one big list) or are split into folders. If you use proprietary software (iTunes or Windows Media Player) to copy your music over onto the stick it should by default copy each tune (file) into a folder for its respective CD. Then, when using MediaNav and you select "Media" the primary listing you will see is of the Folders/CD names only; you then touch-screen on the Folder/CD name to see the contents. On the other hand if the music files are simply copied to the stick without being identified with a CD or folder you will get the result that you have.

Personally I'd fix the rap stick by jumping on it, but to keep the kids happy you might like to create a folder for each of the CDs on the stick and then simply drag the appropriate files over into each of these newly created folders. The other way would be to erase the stick and start again, this time making sure that the synch software you are using is correctly set up to do what you want.
Hi Alasdair !

I understand what you are saying, but don't know how conquer it !

I'm using WMP and ripping to library then syncing to a stick. One stick puts each cd into it's own folder so you can select on the MediaNav a cd, then a track.

I then do an identical action on another stick and it puts all the cds onto one folder !

Sorry to burden you with my grief, any ideas ?

Roger :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry Roger, you've got me well and truly beaten there, although it's probably something so simple we'll both kick ourselves when you find out !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts