UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for allowing me into the forum. I am looking for some tips to clear my problem. My MEDIA-NAV Evolution will not hold favourites or history addresses after turning off ignition. When I turn on the ignition again the favourites & history have disappeared. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It sounds it's not fitted to a live plus .does it keep your radio stations ?

Gesendet von meinem moto g(10) mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds it's not fitted to a live plus .does it keep your radio stations ?

Gesendet von meinem moto g(10) mit Tapatalk
Hi Stuart, thanks for getting back to me. My saved radio stations still remain in place. No problems there. I have discovered that there is a live permanent feed so I need to remove the radio to see if there is power there. If not I need to find out where the feed originates & if there is a fuse, I can't see one in the user manual.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
If there was no permanent 12V the medianav would ask for a code. The radio or medianav has a permanent 12V and a wake up 12V when you turn the key to the aux position ( so you don't have to manually turn it on ). I think you are looking in the wrong area. These medianavs are reported to suffer from a NAND memory failure which is not economic to repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Daedalus, I will talk to my local dealer and see what they think of that and what it would cost. If it is too costly I will live without the memory side of it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You don't say how old your car is, it may still be in warranty. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they say the medianav is only 1 year.

NAND memory is the same as used in usb memory sticks so is relatively cheap. It is the equipment needed and labour cost to desolder, remove and replace without damaging the PCB that makes the repair uneconomic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The car is a 2013 model so definitely no warranty. I will be getting rid of the car in a couple of years so I will just do the addresses manually, no great problem. Everything else is working fine for the moment. Thank you for your good advice & your extensive knowledge.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You do not have an Evolution that is a later version. However it probably confirms your fault, user "NeeK" who knows a lot about medianavs has posted about the NAND memory problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts