UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a Logan MCV and wanted to listen to mp3s on my phone, using the Media Nav via USB connection.

On my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) I have a 64GB microSD card with my complete collection. But the Media Nav doesn't recognise it with USB. Bluetooth seems to be working, but it doesn't give me the album artwork and there seems to be an occasional 'hiccup' (temporary connection failure?).

Media Nav did recognise my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S Plus) with a 32GB microSD card via USB.

So I was wondering:

- does Media Nav support 64GB?

- is there a way to get the album artwork with bluetooth?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again! It's been almost a year now, but there are not many responses. It seems I'm the only one trying this. ^_^

I now have a 16 GB USB stick, which plays wonderfully. And it shows the artwork that's in the ID3tags. Nice! So I'm using this for now.

But I'm a heavy listener and I like the convenience of having the whole cd collection with me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, with a 64 GB microSD in it. When I connect my phone to the MediaNav using a USB cable nothing happens. Anyone else with the same problem?

I can connect via bluetooth, but then I get the occasional hiccups and no artwork...

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is...

:ph34r:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Are you trying to use the Samsung as essentially a usb stick? If so, when you plug it in does it give you the option to change it to mass storage mode?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Did you get it to work?

I just tried my Moto G2 this morninig I get the same result as you nothing .happens. No connection no charge. Used the original cable which connects fine with my laptop. Haven't tried to change the usb connection to PTP, never occured to me.

Will have a go later.

·
Registered
288 Posts
One solution would be to copy your collection onto a 64 Gb Micro USB stick, as I did. it works perfectly when inserted into the USB slot. The micro version is also very unobtrusive when in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts