UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an email notification from Dacia for free upgrade to 7 digit postcode entry?
They should have given this as standard, I wonder if the people that paid for it will get a refund!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Is it based on Garmin or TomTom? Both Garmin and TomTom have previously helped adding a file into my built in media after map upgrades removed full postcode nav. One was/is a TT unit in a Trafic van and the other was an aftermarket fit in 7" double din unit in a previous van. My point is that both simply need a small file added into the file structures that were only a few kb in size. Have Dacia/Renault really been charging for that? :wacko:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Its actually just a licence file that activates the feature and yes Renault/Dacia were charging all MediaNav users £4.95 for the 7 digit option until October when they made it free - now maybe one day they will see sense and chnage the map pricing to either make it cheaper so people will be more likely to update or give lifetime updates.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I have said before on previous Medianav posts Dacia/Renault need to take a reality check in regards to updates, personally I will never be held to ransom just because I have a nice built in system. I would rather put up with a few wires hanging around to my tomtom or use google maps, where all updates are free. I would be happy to pay a one off life time updates agreement it were at reasonable price.

·
Registered
985 Posts
As I have said before on previous Medianav posts Dacia/Renault need to take a reality check in regards to updates, personally I will never be held to ransom just because I have a nice built in system. I would rather put up with a few wires hanging around to my tomtom or use google maps, where all updates are free. I would be happy to pay a one off life time updates agreement it were at reasonable price.
Agreed. I paid for a Europe map for my van from Renault/TomTom and it wasn't cheap at £80. My presumption was that this included map updates- it didn't and doesn't! Now a year later the nav unit reminds me often to update my maps. It looks like I will be giving some "feedback" to Renault/Dacia about this on my new Medianav too then. :angry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have updated my maps in the last week and when I downloaded the maps I got the Post Code update as well F.O.C.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I have just tried to do this ( please note this is the first time I have tried to do anything on this), created an account then followed the instructions, usb stick in car media system usb slot etc etc waited till it downloaded all the ifo it needed, back to the PC where the media services told me there was an upgrade and downloaded it, then back to the car and upgraded it, but now when I look there is nothing in my history to say i have upgraded it and i cannot download the free postcode, i click on it and nothing happens, every time i try to log in to the media services toolbox it says i need to connect my device with a cable!!! and no full postcode search on the sat nav....I must be doing something wrong but no ideda what??? fustrated now!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
thb not yet will try it tomorrow, just read your comment and also found the tip on another thread...keep fingers crossed and will let you know...cheers :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The full postcode update is now automatic when you insert the usb (that has been updated in the car first).

Look I the usb file structure for 7ppc_free_package_for _renaklut_dacia_collright_.lyc

Insert back in the car and do the update. When using the full postcode, remember to enter the space after the 4th character

Hope that helps

L

·
Registered
2 Posts
The full postcode update is now automatic when you insert the usb (that has been updated in the car first).

Look in the usb file structure for 7ppc_free_package_for _renaklut_dacia_collright_.lyc

Insert back in the car and do the update. When using the full postcode, remember to enter the space after the 4th character

Hope that helps

L

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm feeling REALLY thick just now, but can someone tell me how to do the nav updates. I've downloaded toolbox, go into the car, pull up the update and after a few seconds it tells me that there is no media found. What am I doing wrong? Help would be very much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
You need a 4GB or larger usb key, the first time you do the update procedure it creates a thumbprint on the key - take this back to your PC and plug it in. The toolbox should pick it up and ask you to login (login or create an account) it'll then download any updates etc

If you have never done it then you may end up doing 3 updates, 1 for the firmware (4.0.5), 2 an update to the firmware, 3 the maps/postcode option. (Each time having to visit the car perform that update and then back to the toolbox).

You will also need to create a new thumbprint after stage 2 above.

Also, make sure you have the ignition on during the updates so it doesn't go to sleep.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Potentially yes as it depends on how the controller for the drive is seen, how it is formatted and how big it is.

4GB stick formatted to FAT32 should be fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts