UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else find this annoying:-

When the Alert point warnings are switched on in the navi settings menu, this allows the map to show speed camera warnings , how ever when you get close to a speed camera it starts to bleep which is great if you are driving in unknown surroundings and obviously you will be looking out of the windscreen and not at the nav screen.However its really annoying on journeys like going to work etc where you know the locations of the camera. Even worse if you dare to travel faster than the speed of the camera it goes into mental bleep mode.Is there a way to switch off the bleeps but leave the screen warnings on, if you turn off the warnings then the cameras dissapear from the map. Its a real pain to switch off on route , is there something i have missed or could this be something for VER 4 of the firmware. Even if the on off was in the map options rather than the navi menu it would be better.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Heres a solution. How about turning off the warnings, sticking to under speed limits and keeping an eye out for speed camera's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a solution. How about turning off the warnings, sticking to under speed limits and keeping an eye out for speed camera's.

Another equally helpful solution would be to take the car back to the garage get my money back and buy a bicycle.

However I kinda of wanted a car with four wheels and comfort that kind of thing,

I do keep to the speed limit when the signs tell me what the speed limit is(not always)

and I do keep an eye out for cameras (specially ones that are camouflaged and hidden behind treees etc.

So for anyone who didn`t quite understand my post ...i was just saying it would be useful if the way the warnings were changed were quicker to access ,like the button that turns off the voice could turn off the warning bleeps aswell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you look in your media nav booklet on page GB3.9 it tells you how to disable the alert warnings. I also had the same problem with the alert warning going into overdrive when I was on the M62 near Leeds at the weekend when I was in the average speed section. Hope this advice is what you wanted as it worked for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,

The speed camera beeps are indeed very annoying because you can´t adjust the volume or the duration of these very loud alert points warnings!

Of course the alerts can allways be disabled, but then you don´t get any information from these alert points!

According to the manual there is only an off/on option to this:

"alert point warnings: When the driver passes an alert point, a warning sign appears on the screen.This function can be turned on or off in this menu."

I have also suggested to Renault/French to do something to this feature.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Any one else find this annoying:-

When the Alert point warnings are switched on in the navi settings menu, this allows the map to show speed camera warnings , how ever when you get close to a speed camera it starts to bleep which is great if you are driving in unknown surroundings and obviously you will be looking out of the windscreen and not at the nav screen.However its really annoying on journeys like going to work etc where you know the locations of the camera. Even worse if you dare to travel faster than the speed of the camera it goes into mental bleep mode.Is there a way to switch off the bleeps but leave the screen warnings on, if you turn off the warnings then the cameras dissapear from the map. Its a real pain to switch off on route , is there something i have missed or could this be something for VER 4 of the firmware. Even if the on off was in the map options rather than the navi menu it would be better.

Thanks
catsuk, Why have you got the MediNav on for journeys to work etc. would have thought you would know the way by now. LOL. On a serious note by a GPS speed camera alert for about £20 that is less intrusive and has volume control and switch the MediaNav camera alert off and just put it on for journeys requiring the alert on your MN.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Soldier boy ...thing is I was just griping at the fact you.cant have cameras showing on the map without the damn bleeping. I have got the pocketgps camalert app so I may just stay with that....its more upto date aswelll.:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Soldier boy ...thing is I was just griping at the fact you.cant have cameras showing on the map without the damn bleeping. I have got the pocketgps camalert app so I may just stay with that....its more upto date aswelll. :D

Understand your frustration as those variable speed cameras that are popping up fast are a nuisance and irritating and volume control would be good but to turn it off completely would leave you having to glance at the screen repeatedly when your eyes should be on the road. It's amazing how one problem solved brings another problem.

Anyhow how is the car going? and I hope you say fantastic or words to that effect.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the word (sorry kids) is awsome....done my first tank and.got around 600 miles out of it. Took £80 TO fill up so gonna see if I can squeeze more out the next one with some Mr.Magoo sensible driving. But all in all great choice me thinks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think the word (sorry kids) is awsome....done my first tank and.got around 600 miles out of it. Took £80 TO fill up so gonna see if I can squeeze more out the next one with some Mr.Magoo sensible driving. But all in all great choice me thinks. :rolleyes:

Not to question your maths but that makes fuel about £1.60 per litre or is it my maths? and I drive with no special techniques and get consistently over 600 miles per tank in my Lodgy 1.5 diesel since new a bigger and heavier car 4/5 up often. I do brim to brim checks all the time so not relying on the instrument readings.

Anyway catsuk enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
****UPDATE*******

Found out a part solution.

How to turn down the volume of the bleeping.

It appears that the Volume Of the Camera warning bleeps are linked to the navigation voice volume.

While navigating the Voice Volume can be turned up or down with the volume controls.when the voice is actually speaking.(when the radio/media is muted by the nav system).

If you turn down the volume of the voice this also turns down the warning bleeps (EUREKA).

Weird Thing is why when you use the mute voice button on the map screen it dosent mute the bleeps.(but i am still happy with volume fix)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
@soldierboy

on your dacia lodgy u have a 5 speed gearbox or a 6 speed gearbox???

that will make a big difference in fuel consumption against the catsuk 5 speed gearbox on the stepway ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
@soldierboy

on your dacia lodgy u have a 5 speed gearbox or a 6 speed gearbox???

that will make a big difference in fuel consumption against the catsuk 5 speed gearbox on the stepway ;)
Hi Antavi, I have the 5 speed gearbox but it has long gear ratios and it's like a 4 speed box with overdrive as you need to be doing 70 KPH ( 44 MPH ) to avoid a slight judder. The ratios have been chosen for economy I believe and has given me an average of 4.9l/100Km or near to 57 MPG and this suites me perfectly as how often do you get into top gear around town.

·
Registered
346 Posts
****UPDATE*******

Found out a part solution.

How to turn down the volume of the bleeping.

It appears that the Volume Of the Camera warning bleeps are linked to the navigation voice volume.

While navigating the Voice Volume can be turned up or down with the volume controls.when the voice is actually speaking.(when the radio/media is muted by the nav system).

If you turn down the volume of the voice this also turns down the warning bleeps (EUREKA).

Weird Thing is why when you use the mute voice button on the map screen it dosent mute the bleeps.(but i am still happy with volume fix)
Did try that before but nothing happened have found out today that I can only change the volume setting when the voice is speaking and have now lowered the ping thing.

Thanks for that catsuk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If anyone has European mapping, don't be tempted to switch this feature on in Europe as it's against the law and subject to on the spot fines!
My Stepway does not arrive till early January, so I can't help yet!

·
Registered
346 Posts
If anyone has European mapping, don't be tempted to switch this feature on in Europe as it's against the law and subject to on the spot fines!
My Stepway does not arrive till early January, so I can't help yet!
That is not strictly correct as their are no warnings for countries where it is against the law, for example France but countries where it is permitted such as Spain the warnings are there. Believe me I have European Mapping and travel around.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts