UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have downloaded 219 songs to a sandisk cruser 16gb when I plug into the computer it shows all songs in a folder, yet when I plug into my stepway nav it only picks up 87 sings in the folder. Am I doing anything wrong? Any help would be appreciated

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes all songs are in mp3, I have looked through all settings on nav and nothing seems to help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Perhaps there is a limit as to how many songs you can have in one folder. Mine is split into albums with over 1000 songs in total.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The number of files (songs) in a folder might be it but it doesn't stack up, 87 isn't a computer 'magic number'. If it was 32, 64, 128, 512 etc I'd agree without looking.

If the number doesn't work then try looking at the file name of file number 88. Has it any wired characters like & ^ % $ £ etc. It might be reading down to that file, binning out and forgetting the rest.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just tested this and put 113 songs on the root folder of a usb and all were listed. I think song 88 on yours is a bit wonky (as a programmer I'll say thats a technical term)

·
Registered
35 Posts
question:

If I don't manually list them into folders on my USB drive, will the Medianav still group them into Albums or will all songs, just be in 1 long list

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just a single song list

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my USB I have a separate folder for each of 25 albums. I can only get the media player to 'shuffle' the tracks within one folder/album. How do I get it to 'shuffle' randomly across all 25 folders/albums?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've noticed the same. It will use the folder as part of the shuffle but once in there it'll shuffle just the contents of the folder (until its played them all then comes back out)

Ive only a single album (OST Sucker Punch) but tracks Ive downloaded from Amazon are in their own folders so might have re-jig things a bit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, what is the max size USB device that the medianav will take? I got a 64gb Kingston low profile device; but can't seem to find details on limitations. Thanks, JR :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, what is the max size USB device that the medianav will take? I got a 64gb Kingston low profile device; but can't seem to find details on limitations. Thanks, JR :)

We have used a 64gb in ours - initially it didnt recognise it so we changed format to fat32 and it works a treat - just added manvrus too :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
facepainter... what's the situation if you want to remove menavrus for whatever reason, can you get the Medianav back to factory settings?

·
Registered
10 Posts
facepainter... what's the situation if you want to remove menavrus for whatever reason, can you get the Medianav back to factory settings?
I thought the video on the Menavrus page shows that you can switch the Medianav between the two.

I am thinking about installing it .... though I don't want to naff it up if I do something wrong

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi all, I have downloaded 219 songs to a sandisk cruser 16gb when I plug into the computer it shows all songs in a folder, yet when I plug into my stepway nav it only picks up 87 sings in the folder. Am I doing anything wrong? Any help would be appreciated

Are you sure it only listed 87 songs? On the MediaNav it lists the songs in pages, 3 songs per page. The number on this screen is the number of pages not the number of songs. So 87 pages would be 261 songs. More than the 219 you said you had but not sure if that was an exact count. For 219 songs you'd be looking for a page count of 73

1 - 19 of 19 Posts