UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a stepway laureate and wondered what the sound quality was of the sound system and speakers? Is there plenty bass? Clear sound? Is there 4 speakers with no sub?
Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi,

I've just ordered a stepway laureate and wondered what the sound quality was of the sound system and speakers? Is there plenty bass? Clear sound? Is there 4 speakers with no sub?
Thanks for any input
Welcome to the forum, Neo_4789 !!

The sound system is by Arkamys of France (Google them), with 4 x 20 Watt Speakers. I think the sound system is OK there again as I was a telecommunications engineer, so anything sounds OK !!

Used to listening to 300Hz to 3.3 khz range audio signals only!!

Have got mine set to +2 base & +2 treble.

I beleive some owners have changed the speakers to dual cone, I haven't & don't intend to !! ;)

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
If you like to listen loud, anything above volume level 22 ish with some bass sounds a bit cruddy, but listened to at normal levels is good. I think I'll get better speakers, but in no rush.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the replies!

I wouldn't say I was an audio expert but do like to listen to my music in some half decent speakers. I'll see how they go but sure they'll be fine at least for the time being.

Does anybody have any experience in changing the speakers? Is it relatively straight forward?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I believe it's straight forward as many Sandero Access owners have fitted them. Might be worth asking them

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the replies!

I wouldn't say I was an audio expert but do like to listen to my music in some half decent speakers. I'll see how they go but sure they'll be fine at least for the time being.

Does anybody have any experience in changing the speakers? Is it relatively straight forward?
Have a search of the forum, I'm sure that there are some articles on it ! ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
the stereo is ok, the sat nav is useless, and the speakers are very poor quality

there are guides on the web of how to change the speakers, do a little searching

·
Registered
269 Posts
In my Stepway ambiance Tce I have standard speakers front and dealer fitted Pioneers rear. Can only move sound left to right and not front to rear with my media nav, but from driver's seat the result is superb, with rich bass and good treble, and more volume than my ears can take.

They did this and fitted an armrest, together with the extra centre console bit you need, for a total 'special price' of 150 euros, about 120 quid. I was very happy with that and cannot fault my dealer in any way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts