UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - it came with my Laureate Prime and after living with it a few days now, there are some aspects that I find annoying. I don't want to, as I'm hoping some of you can put me right...

1. As soon as I switch on the Evolution it will go into radio mode and start playing what ever radio station I left it on. The Evolution assumes I want to listen to it just because I have switched it ON. But I don't want to listen to it - I may want to make a phone call or use the map function, without wanting to listen to the radio...

2. You have to have the Evolution switched ON for it to connect to your phone by Bluetooth. So, every time I get in the car I have to remember to switch on the Evolution...

my Bury 9060 in my other cars just works as soon as the ignition is turned on... It has voice activated calling; automatically plays all sounds coming from the phone over Bluetooth without me having to do anything - it just works...

3. Android is the most popular selling smart phone on the planet with Google Now being Google voice activated offering yet Evolution just supports Siri - Really !?!

All in all I'm finding the Evolution really rather useless - it has so many things which are just done badly, I kinda just wish there was a plain ordinary radio in it and I use standalone Bury 9060 hands free bluetoth and a separate TomTom sat nav.

I want to really like the Evolution but right now not winning.

What are anybody else's thoughts?

Please cheer me up!

Rich

·
Registered
22 Posts
Obviously I'm easily satisfied, I like it. Prepared to put up with minor inconveniences. Happy with sounds from USB and Amazon Prime through Bluetooth. Phone works fine and cuts out radio when making or receiving a call. Thought SatNAv was pretty useless at first - tried to send me back where I started on three occasions and would have sent me the wrong way onto a one way system had I not known the area, when I was trying it out. Either I have got used to it or the update has sorted it. Agree about the Apple/Android thing because I wouldn't have an iPhone if offered one for nothing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Initially I was't too impressed by the MediaNav in my Duster Laureate but eventually realised that it was mostly because it was so different to the unit I'd had before in my previous car. I'm sure that you'll get used to it and like me get to quite like it. One suggestion for your not wanting to listen to the radio every time you turn on the ignition might be to set the default radio volume to zero?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also agree with most of the comments. When I first used it I thought it was rubbish, navigation certainly improved after updates (they seem to be free over here) to the point where the mapping is superb in France. Part of the problem was using TomTom for years we had got so used to the way it operated. No problem at all with bluetooth and as far as the radio is concerned I do as Alasdair does, just keep the volume at zero. One plus is the AM section covers from 146kc/s up so 198 radio 4 is received with no problems. Now if only I could get a reversing camera that is a straight plug in................!

·
Registered
132 Posts
A niggle I have with it is the telephone contacts. An incoming call does not display the name of the caller, just the number!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
A niggle I have with it is the telephone contacts. An incoming call does not display the name of the caller, just the number!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Neither does mine, and as the uploaded contacts file does include the name as well as the number it's a strange decision from LG not to have programmed it to do so. Maybe in a future update?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I picked up the car from the dealer on the 2 Nov I have been periodically going to dacia.co.uk to try and register at MyDacia, but can never complete the registration as it doesn't yet recognise my number plate.

So I followed the instructions in the Evolution handbook to download the tool box from the Renault toolbox site. For the hell of it, and knowing I had a Dacia, and I was curious, I installed it, and registered for an account on the Renault site, exactly as the manual says. I then, uploaded the Nav system to USB stick in the car and took the USB stick inside and inserted into the PC. The Renault tool box recognised it as a Dacia system and brought up a window with a link to the Dacia toolbox which I duly downloaded and was kinding of hoping the logon I registered with Renault would work on the assumption of using same database. It worked! It said I had 2014 Q4 maps available for download, which I did and uploaded to the car - but really, 2014 Q4!!! We are in 2015 Q4. Why are we getting maps that are a year old!?
Are the mappings you are downloading that old?

Rich

·
Registered
398 Posts
Neither does mine, and as the uploaded contacts file does include the name as well as the number it's a strange decision from LG not to have programmed it to do so. Maybe in a future update?
If the map updates are anything to go by we will probably have a system update somewhere around 2030.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yep those are the latest Dacia maps. They run behind a long way. The irritating thing is that the map parent company are on Q4 2015 maps and they are free but not if you have a Dacia!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts