UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who would love Renault to start stocking the Medianav as a spare part in the UK? my hands up, anyone else?

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Duster it's a 2010 model. The Medianav was introduced first in 2012 on the Dacia Lodgy wich introduced a new dashboard. I don't know if the Medianav is compatible with the UK dashboard but with the EU version it clearly isn't. And the Medianav is a factory fitted device, I don't think it can be fitted like aftermarket accesories. The Renault Dusters have the medianav?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The Duster it's a 2010 model. The Medianav was introduced first in 2012 on the Dacia Lodgy wich introduced a new dashboard. I don't know if the Medianav is compatible with the UK dashboard but with the EU version it clearly isn't. And the Medianav is a factory fitted device, I don't think it can be fitted like aftermarket accesories. The Renault Dusters have the medianav?
it will be an easy swap I recon. if there's one thing about car manufactures , if they can save money usin bits from other (older) vehicles to save cash they will. take for instance my 2006 laguna privilege stereo, I've just fitted it into my wife's 2002 Clio dimonique no extra stuff needed just plugged straight in. banged in the code and hey presto sounds excellent.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
it will be an easy swap I recon. if there's one thing about car manufactures , if they can save money usin bits from other (older) vehicles to save cash they will. take for instance my 2006 laguna privilege stereo, I've just fitted it into my wife's 2002 Clio dimonique no extra stuff needed just plugged straight in. banged in the code and hey presto sounds excellent.
and if you look at the dash on the stepway where the stereo is I think you will recognise it as being from the duster. :)

bet the medianav would fit n work in the laguna too.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's an interesting thought, I would imagine it would be quite expensive but worth an ask, I'm on holiday now so ill look into it when I get back

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's a yes from me!

who would love Renault to start stocking the Medianav as a spare part in the UK? my hands up, anyone else?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It does seem a bit strange that MediaNav is available in the Sandero/Stepway but not the Duster. There should definitely be a MediaNav option for the Duster. Dacia take note please.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive been looking at the ones on ebay. Very interested in the 2 din ones and id like to fit one but not going to risk the cash.

Anyone think theyll work with the steering controls?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2din stereo from eBay waiting to go in when I eventually get my car it has sat nav etc unfortunately my car does not have steering wheel controls but I will let you know how it goes when I get my car

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 2din stereo from eBay waiting to go in when I eventually get my car it has sat nav etc unfortunately my car does not have steering wheel controls but I will let you know how it goes when I get my car
nice one cheers look forward to it. what make etc is the navi?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Quick question, do Double din systems in general need a second power source i.e. also need to be connected to the cigarette lighter or similar.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If i remember correctly (check youtube) they are available for Dusters in Brazil and other markets now, so i think it is possible to add it to any duster.

·
Registered
535 Posts
if I order the medianav from India will it work in UK? ie UK maps etc?
Probably not. If it isn't fitted form factory specifically for Uk, like the Sandero, probably has Indian maps. It's a tricky job and I don't think it can be retrofited.

·
Registered
535 Posts
no retro firmware update then?
On the Sandero the updades for the maps are free in the first 60 days (counting from when you first use the Navi from MediaNav). I don't know about the firmware. I saw when my friend did his maps version update from an Usb stick and all went good. He followed the instructions that he found on a Italian or French forum.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I found this useful document on the web. looking at this the UK map updates are available using the update software...

http://www.dacia.es/media/MNAV/att00098518/media_nav_user_guide.pdf

As MediaNav is available on the other Dacia models like Sondero and also on the new UK Renault models such as the Clio, I cannot imagine it not difficult to fit and work on a UK Duster, especially as it appears to be available in other countries as an option so all the required fittings should be available.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts