UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any user worked out how to import POI files? I've Emailed Renault but I'm not holding my breath ;)

John

·
Registered
535 Posts
You should update the firmware and maps because they are outdated. On the update you should get allot more POI locations. And I think the POI need to be activated from the settings because in some EU countries they are illegal.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
You should update the firmware and maps because they are outdated. On the update you should get allot more POI locations. And I think the POI need to be activated from the settings because in some EU countries they are illegal.
POI (Points of Interest) in general aren't illegal! These are things like Petrol stations, churches, museums.

Speed Camera locations are illegal in some EU countries.

·
Registered
535 Posts
POI (Points of Interest) in general aren't illegal! These are things like Petrol stations, churches, museums.

Speed Camera locations are illegal in some EU countries.
About the speed cameras I was referring. They are included in the POI in the MediaNav, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done those. It's one of my own POI files I want to install. So many of the ones provided are useless anyway.

Still waiting to hear from Renault (surprise surprise!)

John

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
I've done those. It's one of my own POI files I want to install. So many of the ones provided are useless anyway.

Still waiting to hear from Renault (surprise surprise!)

John
can you try checking out the following page for info

https://renault.naviextras.com/shop/portal/AboutUs

there appears to be sections in there dealing with poi's etc and there are instruction re downloading and installing them and I would think you could use your own instead of the downloads.

It may be worth downloading on of them just to see what format they use.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Setting the POI problem to one side I was able today to try out the sat nav function on a trip to just north of Bedford where some new roads have opened in the last 18 months or so. The MediaNav's mapping was right up to date and I was quite pleased with the display. It's not a particularly advanced sat nav but it works quite well.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts