UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just loaded Media Nav toolbox on my PC (with the USB stick inserted) and the software updated to 4.0.5.

Updated the unit in the car, but have no idea what the updates are I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
As a matter of interest with the MediaNav option does it have the standard aerial or does the factory/import centre fit an amplified aerial possibly including a GPS antenna?
I saw a 'photo of a MediaNav unit on eBay and it looks as if the GPS antenna just sticks our the rear of the unit ! :wacko:

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Just up-dated mine to 4.0.5 Don't know what I will gain from it.

I don't use Bluetooth for music or 'phone ! All my music is on a 16GB mini USB stick !

You would think that MediaNav would e-mail you when there was an up-date though ! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
How recent is this version? I updated mine back in november but I can't remember what number it was. Btw I do have alot of stutter and cliping issues when streaming, but only since moving from an HTC to Sony. I'm blaming the Sony phone as it also happens in my work truck that has a Sony off the shelf Bluetooth head unit, and that was also ok when streaming from the HTC.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Does anyone know what the second part of the update does?

I updated to 4.0.5 and followed the instructions to create a new thumbprint, the toolbox then said there was another update package but I've not had time to update this yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just checked, mine's still on 4.03. By any chance are the main menu icons on the new version multi coloured? As in the brochures for the Renault captur.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The multi coloured version is found on the new Media Nav Evolution, so far v4.0.5 seems the same.
Thanks, I'm trying work out whats been changed. So far I've drawn a blank, perhaps I'll forget updating until there's a tangible benefit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Any way to upgrade to 7 fig postcodes?

Also have closest destination as default, in stead of "alphabetical" in favourites ? I can choose this option when i go in to it each and every time, but its annoying not to have it as my default setting.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Any way to upgrade to 7 fig postcodes?
Also have closest destination as default, in stead of "alphabetical" in favourites ? I can choose this option when i go in to it each and every time, but its annoying not to have it as my default setting.
If you've done any upgrades since Nov last year you'll have 7 digit postcodes, just remember to press space after you enter the first part of the postcode.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I picked my new stepway up 3 weeks ago and no 7 digit postcode also kph speed camera warnings in satnav. what size mem stick will I need to purchase to do any updates please ?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I picked my new stepway up 3 weeks ago and no 7 digit postcode also kph speed camera warnings in satnav. what size mem stick will I need to purchase to do any updates please ?
The info given somewhere says a minimum 4GB but I used 8 GB to be sure, about £4.00 on eBay !! ;)

The first update is free within 90 days of purchase.!! ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts