UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My first question and possibly many more to come.

My MediaNav is displaying a software version 4.1.0 is this the latest version or are there later updates and if there are how do I download them and where from.

The reason for my question is that I am about to install the OEM reversing camera and will need to install it onto the MediaNav, not sure if I can obtain the necessary sofware to do this, or I shall be required to get Renault to do it for me, or if there is a later MediaNav software version whether or not the camera may be included..

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your unit is a MediaNav generation 1 as called MN1.
Version 4.1.0 is the last one for this unit type.
All MediaNav units accept rear camera and for this you have to enable also in the unit, but to do this you must downgrade to 4.0.6 and enable from MICOM or easier way with an interface via SW in 2 min.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your unit is a MediaNav generation 1 as called MN1.
Version 4.1.0 is the last one for this unit type.
All MediaNav units accept rear camera and for this you have to enable also in the unit, but to do this you must downgrade to 4.0.6 and enable from MICOM or easier way with an interface via SW in 2 min.

Thanks Neek for your reply. Yes my MediaNav is the 1st generation as my duster is January 2014.

I am not sure of your suggestion that I need to download an earler version of the software could you explain in more detail please, and if I did this would I then be able to update it back to version 4.1.0 also what is an SW.

Would it not be easier for me to visit a Renault dealer and for them to program the MediaNav to accept the reverse camera once the installation is complete.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you think you can do alone it's up to you. It's not a very easy process and need knowledge about software/computers, etc.
Plus electrical to wire camera until unit back and connect the pins in connector of MediaNav.
Yes, it's possible to downgrade and also to come back to same version you have now.
Only there is a chance, to stuck in upgrade because the unit is old and you have to take that risk.
That's why I said is more easier, faster and safe to use an interface to connect via OBD connector and adjust the settings without stress to much the unit. I think also a regular service can do this, not the dealer.
You decide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Neek,

Yes I appreciate the difficulties but with over 30+yrs experiance building and installing wiring looms into Rally Cars, that part is quite simple.

My hesitation is the installing of any sofware modifications to the MediaNav. T

he physical connections are not a problem just getting the Medianav to accept the rear view camera.

I also want to install it as Renault would install it but doing it myself as I am also installing a rear dash cam so while all the interior is open do both at the same time.

Thanks for your information and help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Everything can by reverting back as long you make backup.
But with these units from first generation you have to take the risk, that can block itself without a warning.
And if is blocking, for many of them remain to change memory or mainboard.
That is the situation.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
16/01/2021

Just to let everybody know that the latest map up-date 9.4 is available from your MediaNav Tool box @ €64 for UK & Ireland. For Western Europe it's €109. Don't forget that it's free within 90 days of first registration of your car.
icon_e_wink.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
@NeeK
I have a Dacia Logan and want to install a reverse camera as well, by using this:
25.08US $ 33% OFF|Lyudmila Wireless Camera For Renault Logan / Tondar For Dacia Logan I II Rear view Camera Reverse Camera / HD CCD Night Vision|camera for renault|hd ccdcamera reversing night - AliExpress

But it seems I have to activate the camera in the medinav first, which seems to envolved Dboot and other hacking things.. Would like to avoid that, to not brick the medianav (as you say).
What software+hardware do I need to connect via OBD? (the method you said was the safest). And will I need anything else to enable the camera to turn on automatically when reversing, and displaying it on the medianav?
Anything other than the camera and the software change?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi @MrMister
To connect to your car you need software like CanClip, DDT2000, RenOLink, ddt4all and perhaps more
Each software use it's own interface like CanClip interface, Derelek, OBD Link SX, ELM327 and others also.
Most of these are expensive and requires licences.
The most simplest and cheap is ddt4all with ELM327 interface.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts