UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went a run in my Duster tonight to PC World to get some printer ink and got out of the Duster at the same time as a guy in an old 5 series BMW. He did a 'double-take' on the Duster and then struck up a short conversation which went like this:

"Dacha"? (in a Romanian accent)

"Yes, the first one in Aberdeen I think".

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, they're cheap".

"Cheap to drive or cheap to buy"?

"Cheap to buy!"

"How much"?

"From £9000"

"Cheap!"

Graham

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
in romania after 50 years of comunism people are saturated by dacia and old skodas ladas old communist cars, even that the new ones have nothing in common with the old ones just the brand name its still a stigma, and here are a lot of ******** who prefer to buy a 30k euros cars but they live in on rent apartments (30k 40k euro will get u a decent one room or even 2 rooms apartment). for them is important the image they reflect even in old bmw mercedes are a status image. also are x5 grand cherokees owners instead of selling their cars they put LPG on them because the eco crisis struck us all but the image is much more important to them...anyway i LOVE MY 12 years old DACIA :p

and in another matter about us as a nation, our cars and car parts industry, romania is very trusty, a 1/4 of an audi vw engine is made by us ex: turbocharges ballbearings etc, german bilstein damper factory is in sibiu, romania (used by bmw mercedes audi vw), also continental tyre company is in sibiu, ford bought the old daewoo factory in craiova, romania, before investing in skoda, vw group wanted to by dacia...and so on

·
Registered
156 Posts
in romania after 50 years of comunism people are saturated by dacia and old skodas ladas old communist cars, even that the new ones have nothing in common with the old ones just the brand name its still a stigma, and here are a lot of ******** who prefer to buy a 30k euros cars but they live in on rent apartments (30k 40k euro will get u a decent one room or even 2 rooms apartment). for them is important the image they reflect even in old bmw mercedes are a status image. also are x5 grand cherokees owners instead of selling their cars they put LPG on them because the eco crisis struck us all but the image is much more important to them...anyway i LOVE MY 12 years old DACIA :p

and in another matter about us as a nation, our cars and car parts industry, romania is very trusty, a 1/4 of an audi vw engine is made by us ex: turbocharges ballbearings etc, german bilstein damper factory is in sibiu, romania (used by bmw mercedes audi vw), also continental tyre company is in sibiu, ford bought the old daewoo factory in craiova, romania, before investing in skoda, vw group wanted to by dacia...and so on
It's the same here Antavi. Image is all......for some people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts